RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel in 2017. Shortly thereafter, out of warranty, the DEF system threw a code. Rather than spend ~1,600 to repair, I tuned around it with GDE, shutting it off. Now I am getting the V08 AEM done and they'll have to make the DEF system work again because GDE won't delete it again on a replacement tune. Anyone know what I'm looking at in terms of cost for the DEF repair? I'm cool with a couple grand, just don't want to see a bill 2x the settlement amount.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Obtain spare ECM and apply your vin and injector codes via Alpha obd. Take to service dept and clear any codes just prior to pulling into service writers bay. Hand him the FOB and wait for return of truck. If they catch DEF problem, remind him there were no codes when you drove in and to repair under AEM warranty. When they return the truck go to whatever parking lot is available next door and swap GDE ECM back in. Drive home.

They may or may not catch the DEF problem. If they do let them repair under AEM warranty. Never let them touch the tuned ECM.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Did you remove any of the DEF system, tank injector etc.?

If not I would think they would fix and warranty it. Just dont tell them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts