RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loads of simple things you can try to improve photos of your truck, if you so choose. Here are some videos from folks who do automotive photography offering tips and tricks. Don't worry if you don't understand the photography jargon used - just use the camera you have, follow the basic tips around background clutter, lighting and get creative! You do not need a DSLR to get great photos - want proof? Most of my shots are from my smartphone... ;)

Short, simple and bang on the money! This one sums it up...the others provide more detail.

A little hard to hear due to her accent, so pay attention with this one - it's loaded with excellent tips!

He's British, so don't let the slang throw you...good stuff in this one, too.

Now, get out there and snap some shots. I've been an amateur photographer for just over 2 decades. Today's photography is so simple - point, shoot, check, erase, retry. As often as you like to get the right shot. Photography gets you out of the house, usually at great times of the day - dawn and dusk - and is a cheap way to spend time with those who matter to you...like your truck! :D The real beauty of photography is there is no wrong picture.

And there are lots of file storage options online today. I personally use Flickr (pro, which I pay for) and OneDrive (full disclosure, I work for Microsoft). But there are tons of others. Most will start out free, then charge as more space is needed. I like Flickr because its easy to upload to my account from my computer of smartphone, they resize for me and I can "hot link" to my images - simply means I can use a link to my image to make that image appear in a forum like this.

So get out there! Digital film is FREE, get started and keep snappin'!

·
Registered
583 Posts
That is such good advice! I took a CE course in photography at my local community college (back in the days of SLR-only). It was one of the best courses I've ever taken. I still struggle getting really good pics of humans, but love taking shots of inanimate objects (cars/trucks, etc.)

Another bit of advice, take a critical look at you picture, does it convey what you want it to? If not, just try again. No extra cost for film or processing, any more!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is such good advice! I took a CE course in photography at my local community college (back in the days of SLR-only). It was one of the best courses I've ever taken. I still struggle getting really good pics of humans, but love taking shots of inanimate objects (cars/trucks, etc.)

Another bit of advice, take a critical look at you picture, does it convey what you want it to? If not, just try again. No extra cost for film or processing, any more!
Photography is like golf - you could spend your entire life getting better at it. :)

On the point of critical review - that's dead on - no cost to retry. And with practice, you will improve. :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Loved the videos ... great cross section of advice (and accents) ;) I dabble in photography but have been shooting video for 56 years. Got my first 8mm Kodak movie camera in 1959 (key wind spring drive - and still have it). Today, I make my own Blu-ray movies :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts