RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from San Antonio. I just bought a 2015 Long Horn 2wd with 53K in good condition with running boards for $24,500. I'm replacing a 2015 Ford Fusion I bought because I drive A LOT to Austin and back and work throughout Hill Country. In 2 1/2 years I but nearly 100K on the Fusion. I'm hoping my mileage totals temper over the next couple of years and I can get down closer to 30K/yr with the ED.

I've been trolling the forum for a few weeks as I decided what I wanted to buy. A Canyon/Colorado was high on the list, as was a EcoBoost F150. I drove both and liked the C/C best. The sales guy there used to work at the Dodge dealership and was telling us all about the Ram. Some of the horror stories I had read on this forum had me initially turned off on the ED. We went and drove one because this poor dumb salesman was so enthused and really liked it. I did some more trolling and found many more positive posts than negative. Obviously we ended up buying one.

I've already ordered a hard tonneau, bug shield, deer whistles (I don't know if they work but I hit two without them in the Fusion and none with, so wth), and floor mats and I am going to order the GDE Hot Tune ECM right after I get done with this post.

I'm off to see what the experienced ED owners among you recommend to do maintenance wise as I don't know what the previous owner did or did not do.

Robert

0322191943.jpg

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I see you got the BEST color available. Lots of experienced and helpful members here, you'll find all your questions answered.
Maintenance: IMO, I would do the oil , and filters. Personally I would do all of the filters to have a starting point. Air- oil - fuel.
There's also a thread about greasing the front wheel bearings thru the ABS port. Haven't done mine yet but plan to.

Good luck with your new ride!

PS, you may want to hold off on the GDE tune as there is a recall for emissions that will delete it. Don't know what the actual outcome of this will be yet.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Looks great! Congratulations.

·
Super Moderator
2,609 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts