RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

HPFP RamCares

950 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  diesel85
RamCares, can you please chime in with any information here. I have a failed HPFP, my dealer has confirmed the diagnosis. When I called FCA Customer Service I was told to have the dealer talk to the regional RAM manager. The regional RAM manager has put a hold on fixing any broken HPFP for my dealer. I called FCA Customer Service again and was told to talk to the dealer... No one has an answer on when the remedy will be available and the Z46 recall still says "Q1 estimated". Please give us something, I am making a payment on a truck that I can't drive and im getting no answers.
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
You need to tag @RamCares to make sure they see this.
Reactions: 2
RamCares, can you please chime in with any information here. I have a failed HPFP, my dealer has confirmed the diagnosis. When I called FCA Customer Service I was told to have the dealer talk to the regional RAM manager. The regional RAM manager has put a hold on fixing any broken HPFP for my dealer. I called FCA Customer Service again and was told to talk to the dealer... No one has an answer on when the remedy will be available and the Z46 recall still says "Q1 estimated". Please give us something, I am making a payment on a truck that I can't drive and im getting no answers.
If you really need the truck back on the road, your best course of action is to pay for the repair at an outside shop then apply for reimbursement when the recall comes out.
Reply from RAM Cares directly:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us directly. We are sorry for the experience that you're encountering, along with many others on this recall. The high pressure fuel pumps are on backorder at the moment due to supply shortages. Our team is currently working with suppliers and supply chain on getting this issue resolved. We do apologize for the delay. We will send a notification out to all affected customers and will keep everyone posted on forums once we get some further feedback. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

William
Ram Cares
If you really need the truck back on the road, your best course of action is to pay for the repair at an outside shop then apply for reimbursement when the recall comes out.
The dealership my trucks at told me today that wasn't an option, as the replacement hpfp would be under recall still, technically illegal.
Was told the same on just replacing the engine, same hpfp.
My trucks been sitting for a year. No end in sight.
The dealership my trucks at told me today that wasn't an option, as the replacement hpfp would be under recall still, technically illegal.
It is true that the replacement pump would still be under recall ,however, there is no part available for the recall yet, and it鈥檚 certainly not illegal to replace your pump with one of the current pumps鈥. in fact, most dealerships are doing just that.
Reactions: 4
It is true that the replacement pump would still be under recall ,however, there is no part available for the recall yet, and it鈥檚 certainly not illegal to replace your pump with one of the current pumps鈥. in fact, most dealerships are doing just that.
I actually talked to ram today and apparently the dealership never started an official claim for my truck.
Was told ram could help as soon as the dealership officialy confirms hpfp failure.
Manager of dealership told me to my face and over phone that it was illegal to install a part under safety recall.
I don't know what's going on, but I think a lawyer is who I need to contact next.
Thank you for the reply
Reactions: 4
I actually talked to ram today and apparently the dealership never started an official claim for my truck.
Was told ram could help as soon as the dealership officialy confirms hpfp failure.
Manager of dealership told me to my face and over phone that it was illegal to install a part under safety recall.
I don't know what's going on, but I think a lawyer is who I need to contact next.
Thank you for the reply
Hi: 20161500eco... Sounds like typical "Bull shoes" from the "Parts changers" at the Stealership!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
Reactions: 1
LOL ! " sitting for a year " ? Ridiculous ! ..You are REALLY getting the run around ! You need a different dealer. This one is lying Big Time !
Reactions: 3
LOL ! " sitting for a year " ? Ridiculous ! ..You are REALLY getting the run around ! You need a different dealer. This one is lying Big Time !
I think your right, but what do I do? Tow the truck to another dealership and start over?
Yup. And tell the other one to get stuffed.
One person had an engine replaced and was told by the dealership that the new engine has the redesigned HPFP, but I wouldn't take one dealer's word for it. Sorry for your ill treatment!
Reactions: 2
Like folks have said, I wouldn't expect to get in line for the "new" HPFP till end of 2023.

Although, I am curious to see what happens this June, as I've been told by a few generally reliable resources that Bosch/Stella is going to start releasing the "new" pumps.

I do feel bad for folks that got the run around or got misinformed.
Are those the same people that said replacements would start before the end of last year? Followed by first of the year. Followed by end of Q1, Followed by end of Q2. I'm still not holding my breath.
Reactions: 3
Are those the same people that said replacements would start before the end of last year? Followed by first of the year. Followed by end of Q1, Followed by end of Q2. I'm still not holding my breath.
That's why I put "generally reliable". They've been wrong before... we've all been wrong before. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
1 - 15 of 15 Posts