RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually got notified of this on my Gas Buddy app a few weeks ago. Just received that notification in the mail today. Gotta love these EcoDeisels. My 2015 is still in one piece fortunately. Will just wait for the fix and hope she don't blow!
I’m just gonna keep whipping and spurring in my 2017 eco diesel with the same thought!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Hi: All... According to my VIN# this recall is incomplete. Stella Antics can say that faster than Bosch can make pumps... apparently.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
@Dieseldragon our friend FCA ain't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts it's because they got poked with the business end of the stick by the Feds. I trust Bosch more so than other 3rd party manufacturers hopefully they are rolling out production.

Reactions: keiths487vs

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
does anyone know if running the Hot Shots fuel treatment will actually add some lubricity to the fuel.... just thinking of preventative measures here. My vin is on the list.
Hi: Kneebull... H.S. Extreme Diesel says it will on the label. Tanks for reminding me I need to add 8oz. to my truck.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
does anyone know if running the Hot Shots fuel treatment will actually add some lubricity to the fuel.... just thinking of preventative measures here. My vin is on the list.
Hot shots is a good move, the added lubricity along with not letting your fuel tank below 1/4 are good rules of (y)

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
Run b5-b20 biodiesel if you want lubricity. Just b2 biodiesel has more lubrication than the best additive.

Reactions: keiths487vs

·
Registered
79 Posts
So, 3rd Gen EDs are not included in the recall?

But, do 3rd Gen EDs use the same HPFP?

·
Registered
2015 Bighorn, CC, 6'4", 4x4, 3.55
852 Posts
So, 3rd Gen EDs are not included in the recall?

But, do 3rd Gen EDs use the same HPFP?
That’s a question I’ve been wondering too???
It is the same model, i.e. CP4.2, but not all CP4.2's are created equal. It is possible that the 3rd gen has different internals but I don't know for sure

Reactions: StuartV
1 - 20 of 26 Posts