RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey diesel fans - I just got my first diesel truck. I had headers and a hypertech chip in my old gasser that worked well for me. I'm thinking about going with hypertech for the 3.0 L ecodiesel I have now so I can get the speedometer corrected after the lift and tires as well as add some power. Has anyone had experience with the hypertech max energy chip?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
245 Posts
They don't appear to offer anything that would improve performance, only a speedometer calibration, which I believe some dealers will do.

If you want power, you are not going to get it with any add on chip, you need a reprogrammed ECU like the GDE.

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is straight from Hypertechs website as the only product available for the 3.0L ecodiesel

2014 Ram 1500 3.0L V6 T/C Diesel

Speedometer Calibrator - Part #752501

Adjustable Features
Speedometer\Odometer Correction For Gears 2.82, 3.07, 3.21, 3.42, 3.55, 3.73, 3.92, 4.10, 4.56, 4.88 & 5.13
Speedometer\Odometer Correction For Tire Sizes 22.5 - 44 inches 1/4 inch increments
Return Back To Stock
DTCs Read and Clear
Internet Updateable

·
Registered
437 Posts
Regardless if they are available I wouldn't purchase one. At least from my experience on a first generation 6.7 ctd it always through codes and hypertech customer service wasn't very helpful. With a hypertech you get what you pay for. My suggestion is buy a GDE as not only are they a forum sponsor, they are one of the few companies who goes above and beyond, and they always answer questions even after hours from other forum members responses. Lastly, they have a great product.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. I appreciate you guys willing to share the knowledge. It's a huge advantage for us newbies!!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Precious poster is correct. There aren't any obd flash tuners for the ecm. A edge insight can also correct the speedometer.
From what I've read, the Insight doesn't actually correct the speedometer, it displays the corrected speed. Also if the OP has a 2016 it may not work correctly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
From what I've read, the Insight doesn't actually correct the speedometer, it displays the corrected speed. Also if the OP has a 2016 it may not work correctly.
The insight does correct speedo in the dash, but like many things this is not working on the 2016s yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts