RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie ED 2WD on Saturday afternoon. See the pic for what I saw on the ground the next morning... coolant. Went under to find out what was wrong, found fluid but could not find the starting point of the leak. Dealer found the leak after removing a plastic cover..... Cracked Thermostat Housing. Gasket arrived at dealer today but they Thermostat Housing is Back Order...

Dealer agreed to take part off another stock unit and transfer to my truck... plus they threw in a new Tool Box for the truck to keep me happy.

Anxious to get the truck back though.

Cheers,
Maccam IMG_3143.JPG IMG_3163.JPG IMG_3164.JPG

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well, sounds like the dealership treated you right.

Now.... I know many problems with these trucks are going to show up in forums, but I can’t say I’m not concerned, as there have been several of these types of issues.

I hope these early production issues lessen and are far and few in between.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Well, sounds like the dealership treated you right.

Now.... I know many problems with these trucks are going to show up in forums, but I can’t say I’m not concerned, as there have been several of these types of issues.

I hope these early production issues lessen and are far and few in between.
This report doesn't bother me because this person came to the forum with their problem, that's not a reflection of failure rate. It's when our own long term members have issues that's concerning.

·
Registered
735 Posts
True, it isn't like most people seek out a forum to report they had no problems with their truck today.

Do they engines have datecodes? I wonder what the lag is between engine and truck production. The engine factory can’t correct problems they never found out about…maybe something happened in handling or someone’s torque wrench was off?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Probably should have said hello... I agree that the issue is not a determining factor of anything and that was not the point either, I just joined the forum because I bought the truck, not to nag the problem. I belong to many Jeep, Harley, Ford and other enthusiast forums. Like the title states, anxious to get it back though. The 130 miles I drove it before noticing the leak, it was certainly some of the best miles of my life.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Can you provide the build date of the Truck? There have been a few reports of this issue - However the ones I heard of were the water pump being torqued too tight, which is from the VM Motori side.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you provide the build date of the Truck? There have been a few reports of this issue - However the ones I heard of were the water pump being torqued too tight, which is from the VM Motori side.
March 2014 was build date, got my truck back today, man I love this thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts