RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 21 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... i got stuck a few thou ago and had to use a made in china fuel filter. Ok... no biggy. right? Right?????

WRONG...

Bulge much?!

dont try and save money. Just use the right filter guys.

Drinkware Automotive tire Wood Cylinder Drink

·
Super Moderator
4,024 Posts
I been on this page a long time ever since my 2nd Wix blew up. Made to Mopar spec including arguably the most important part a water seperator.

·
Registered
2021 Ram 1500 EcoD Laramie 4x4 crew cab ORP w/all the goodies
70 Posts
Ugh!

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,505 Posts
That filter sure looks like it is full of grease or oil. Agree it is distorted. Just does not look like a normal fuel filter.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hi: shaggn85... I too am suffering the "Battle of the bulge". It's not my fuel filter that worries me it's my waist filler.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.
That's not bulge it's evolution and manhood at its finest 🍺

Dude... me too. i hit 40 and my god, everything packs onto my gut.
6 packs can turn into a keg and nobody complains about that 🍺

Reactions: shaggn85

·
Super Moderator
4,024 Posts
I like the 10k rated Ecoguard oil filters. But when it comes to fuel, only the Mopar. I'd prefer it not come from communist China but as long as its made to spec. I get them from RockAuto but they are now up to $37. All these created supply chain issues and this policy decisions made inflation is sickening to me.

·
Registered
2015 Trademan 4x4, 3.92, 6.4' bed air lift 1000 bags, bilstien shocks, 34" nitto g2s, Unknown tune.
516 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram 1500 EcoD Laramie 4x4 crew cab ORP w/all the goodies
70 Posts
If you can find oil or filters.

I'm done.
Interesting you mention that. I got word today that dealers (one dealer hasn’t done oil changes in 3 weeks) were running out of synthetic oil for engine oil changes. Called my local dealer and yep, they are almost out of synthetic but do have fuel filters in stock. Crazy times.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Try your local NAPA for Rotella T6. Mine has always been able to order for me even if none on his shelves.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
So... i got stuck a few thou ago and had to use a made in china fuel filter. Ok... no biggy. right? Right?????

WRONG...

Bulge much?!

dont try and save money. Just use the right filter guys.

View attachment 92053
I have been running Doc's Diesel Fuel Filters and there is no bulge. Changing every 5k and keep a spare on hand at all times!

1 - 21 of 25 Posts