RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this place on Google trying to find if the MPG ratings were released yet as the final numbers will be a huge influence in purchasing.

Anyway I'm from Texas and drive around alot for work and hobbies like racing I put 300miles in a short week and 1,000+ isn't uncommon for a long one. I try to get the most out of my 1500 cause the prices of a 3/4 seems stupid high nowadays. I also sell Am soil so if anyone is looking for it cheap I can help out. I won't be that person that bashes everything else and shoves Am s oil down your throat, you either want it or you don't.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi LCR, welcome. I been waiting for MPG ratings also. I'm betting if you keep your foot out of it going to be close to 30.
Really won't know to they get a few on the road I guess.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said in another thread I paid $4,500 for the truck I have now (98 Chevy W/350) and get 18-20 hwy. The new Chevy with the updated 5.3L i borrowed from a dealer friend was getting 22mpg @70mph cruise.

With the price of new trucks through the room since most people buy them for luxury instead of work I might wait till the reviews are good and may be a leased one comes in we'll have to see

with seeing the Jeep version get 29/30mpg I'm hoping for that from the Ram also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just gave my son my 2007 2500 hd 4wd to my son for work. That truck pulled my 8000lb boat with no problem.
It had the 6.0 in it. The best mpg I got was 15 empty staying under 65 mph. The truck only has 50,000 on it. I just hated
putting gas in it..

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I refuse to buy a 3/4+ gasser. I have a few dozen at work, towing 3-5K they get 8-9mpg. I hate the 13 I get now with a nominal load.

The thing I'm worried about is the payload capacity I haul motorcycles and gear which is ~1Klbs plus what ever is in the cab. Ram puts the capacity at 1400-1620 depending on config. with this fail safe ride control I would probably forgo the factory option and get aftermarket bags also

1 - 6 of 6 Posts