RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things have happened. Overnight temps have cooled but still above freezing and I've started using Diesel Kleen.

I'm on tank #2 of 16oz/~20gals of Diesel Kleen and my stalling lag is gone although I can still feel that the engine is cold. If you've read any of my posts you know that I was experiencing, even in warm weather, a lag pulling out from my driveway and up an incline that was almost a stall and took forever to accelerate. The first tank was during a 300 mile towing trip and both the lag and performance had improved drastically. It's getting difficult for me to remember how good my truck was Pre-AEM as my mind now is clouded with 4k miles of bad post-AEM performance....but things are definitely better.

So what was it. The injectors getting cleaned or the boost in cetane which is why I tried the product in the first place. Or is it the cooler nights affecting the calibration causing the cold running to improve....I don't know.

So if anyone wants to try Diesel Kleen, I got the 80oz size at Wal-Mart for 16 bucks and I basically put 16oz/fillup in. I'd be interested to know if anyone else experiences the same.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody? It is seriously running better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Two things have happened. Overnight temps have cooled but still above freezing and I've started using Diesel Kleen.

I'm on tank #2 of 16oz/~20gals of Diesel Kleen and my stalling lag is gone although I can still feel that the engine is cold. If you've read any of my posts you know that I was experiencing, even in warm weather, a lag pulling out from my driveway and up an incline that was almost a stall and took forever to accelerate. The first tank was during a 300 mile towing trip and both the lag and performance had improved drastically. It's getting difficult for me to remember how good my truck was Pre-AEM as my mind now is clouded with 4k miles of bad post-AEM performance....but things are definitely better.

So what was it. The injectors getting cleaned or the boost in cetane which is why I tried the product in the first place. Or is it the cooler nights affecting the calibration causing the cold running to improve....I don't know.

So if anyone wants to try Diesel Kleen, I got the 80oz size at Wal-Mart for 16 bucks and I basically put 16oz/fillup in. I'd be interested to know if anyone else experiences the same.
Any updates on your performance?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just to confirm. The issue with the lag still exists when cold? I only have the issue when the engine is cold. If it fixed the cold lag issue it may be worth a shot.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not experienced the stalling lag since I created this post. I have also not put Diesel Kleen in this current tank of fuel. My truck is definitely running better but as I stated above, it's been so long with the AEM and being conscience about the trucks performance that I don't know if the cold performance I'm experiencing now is the same as pre-AeM...but my gut tells me that it is still worse. Also, I have not had the opportunity to tow again with the exception of the first tank with Diesel Kleen.

I am still leaning to the cold weather affecting the engine parameters as being the real thing that has improved performance. The other day I started the truck and it was cold and idling high. I took off immediately went up an incline and the truck performed great in the area where it was performing the worst.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts