RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not going to make this a long story but I made the decision this past Sunday to trade my ECO. I loved the truck and had NO mechanical issues with it over the 7.5 years of ownership although it has had more recalls than all of the vehicles I’ve owned put together and then some. I credit the lack of issues (CEL’s) to having been GDE tuned for all but the first month. The 30 mile drive with the AEM tune and factory transmission tune made it easier to let go as I didn’t realize how bad the factory tuning was as the only time it was installed was during dealer visits in which the dealer was 2 miles from home.

Overall it was a positive experience but I decided it was time for a change. I’ll be listing a couple other parts and the GDE tune in another post And of course I’ll still be around on the site as I always enjoy reading about what others here are discussing.

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts
Yea and well post in the Cummins section about what experience and learn about it

Reactions: Captainmal

·
Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Deleted Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 270,000 KM.
2,157 Posts
Great to hear about your positive experience with your Eco. Best of luck with the new one!!

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,654 Posts
Oh ... Wa saying "goodbye" but now, thanks to Vern ..."Hello".

I share your positive thoughts from my Ecodiesel. The Cummins section is below. Remember that.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Someone gonna get a sweet Eco that was tuned correctly early on. I too tuned as soon as the truck was built and delivered.

Reactions: Mopar73340

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I’m not going to make this a long story but I made the decision this past Sunday to trade my ECO. I loved the truck and had NO mechanical issues with it over the 7.5 years of ownership although it has had more recalls than all of the vehicles I’ve owned put together and then some. I credit the lack of issues (CEL’s) to having been GDE tuned for all but the first month. The 30 mile drive with the AEM tune and factory transmission tune made it easier to let go as I didn’t realize how bad the factory tuning was as the only time it was installed was during dealer visits in which the dealer was 2 miles from home.

Overall it was a positive experience but I decided it was time for a change. I’ll be listing a couple other parts and the GDE tune in another post And of course I’ll still be around on the site as I always enjoy reading about what others here are discussing.
Hi: Mopar73340... I don't like the position I'm in either. Can't afford a new truck, and probably can't afford the required repairs to keep the EcoD going. Either way you PAY!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Times are weird. I hope you find a truck you love.

·
Super Moderator
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Actually, To answer the questions above I won’t be posting in the Cummins section. If and when I do get another truck it’ll be a 1500. I have no need for a HD truck at this time. I ended up with a 2022 Challenger. (I’m not getting any younger) and the HEMI is supposed to go away. :(

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,654 Posts
So Vern was wrong? Probably a first as he makes good decisions all the time.

I sure like the new Hurricane 6 cylinder engines coming out to replace the Hemi and the Pentastar. Asked at the dealer today but still no timetable for 2023. You needed the vehicle now so good luck with the Challenger.

·
Super Moderator
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So Vern was wrong? Probably a first as he makes good decisions all the time.

I sure like the new Hurricane 6 cylinder engines coming out to replace the Hemi and the Pentastar. Asked at the dealer today but still no timetable for 2023. You needed the vehicle now so good luck with the Challenger.
I didn’t necessarily need a vehicle, I guess I wanted it and the time seemed right. I’ve owned 15 Challengers over the years (70’s models) And I currently have one that I’ve owned since May of 81. I agree the new engines sound good (for a truck) but a Challenger just wouldn’t sound right to me without a V-8!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Actually, To answer the questions above I won’t be posting in the Cummins section. If and when I do get another truck it’ll be a 1500. I have no need for a HD truck at this time. I ended up with a 2022 Challenger. (I’m not getting any younger) and the HEMI is supposed to go away. :(
Hi: Mopar73340... But what are you going to do for suspense and excitement?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
All the best I certainly understand change, can't go wrong with doing what's best for your needs.

·
Super Moderator
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi: Mopar73340... But what are you going to do for suspense and excitement?
I don’t know exactly but I’m getting to old for to much excitement!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts