RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 1500 Tradesman Ecodiesel 4x4 Quad Cab 3.55 Gears
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And got on it, whohoo no ice!!!, but only a little throttle, really! She must of needed her legs stretched, because before I knew it, I'm pulled over for doing 56 mph in a 45, doh.. After months of driving around 30-35 mph on slick icy snow clogged roads full of other slow and sliding around vehicles, it just felt good to feel some acceleration.

So the cops partner, after my scolding(no ticket), he comes over and asks about my Ecodiesel;

"So how's your Ecodiesel (pronounced it "echodiesel") running?"

I turn my head, and check to see the other cop in his squad car, and snicker; "Apparently pretty fricking good officer!" lol......

We had a short chat, when I told him I get up to 30+ (about 26-28 with winter fuel) mpg going to Anchorage, his reply was; "Wow".

And with that, please drive safe, not like me, mayhem.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Not all cops are hard cases. You treat them with respect and leniency is at there discretion. Be an A-Hole and see what happens. Glad you got some bare asphalt finally.

·
Registered
63 Posts
(y) They put their pants on like the rest of us. They have their job to do. There is no way or any amount of money you get me back in law enforcement, too many crazy folks out there.
Not all cops are hard cases. You treat them with respect and leniency is at there discretion. Be an A-Hole and see what happens. Glad you got some bare asphalt finally.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Driving on ice for months would sure be disgusting. Got me laughing but also sad. You have chosen to endure that sort of punishment. Endure by choice - your decision. Glad they let you go for such flagrant and obscene speeding!!!

Now here it has been in the 80's for months. If you went 56 on our roads you wold get a ticket - "too slow for conditions".

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gotta love Florida. I could imagine the apocalypse that would happen if it snowed down here. Cars would be abandoned all over the place. People would be unable to maintain their lane. There would be accidents and Carnage. So basically business as usual.

Driving on ice for months would sure be disgusting. Got me laughing but also sad. You have chosen to endure that sort of punishment. Endure by choice - your decision. Glad they let you go for such flagrant and obscene speeding!!!

Now here it has been in the 80's for months. If you went 56 on our roads you wold get a ticket - "too slow for conditions".

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
We get government radio warnings if the temperature prediction would be below 40. Pets are to be brought inside, people are warned to shelter, places are open for overnight stay and agencies pass out gloves and hats.

I saw frost a couple years ago. Quite a traumatic experience.

·
Registered
312 Posts
This is not my native home. Granted, I am in the panhandle, aka lower Alabama, but I am not a fan.
I spent 4 years in Jacksonville, in the late 90s, and it wasn't as bad. It even snowed once, though it didn't stick.
I spent most of my life in the PNW, and much prefer the two seasons in Seattle to the two seasons in Florida. :LOL:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts