RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Station34, just for reference, GDE stated that their upcoming tune combo will be an introductory price of $1100.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Update_ Got my Egr cooler fixed today. It took them about 2.5 hours. The service guy at the desk was kinda useless. I asked him if it extended the warranty but didnt know. He just said the part is under warranty with them for 2 years.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hello everyone, this is my first post here as so many usually do when there is a problem, SO, thank you first of all...

I'm a long time Ram owner, this is my 5th, but first Eco Diesel.

Long story short, I saw a 2015 Big Horn Eco Diesel Quad Cab (57,000 miles) online for $19,888 I was in shock because I needed a new truck (lease was up) and I thought this was a great deal.

I ended up getting the truck for $18,500 with TTL and stupid fees at $20,300 OTD.

Now I get home clean her up a little more, mind you this truck is mint minus some minal rust where the mud flaps were rubbing. I notice the coolant was a little low.
I started doing a little research and found a million things wrong with this truck online. I also know that I have an EGR cooler recall open that's scheduled for next week.

Should I be worried that this thing is a ticking time bomb? I couldn't sleep last night and tried to see if I could return the truck but they said no, unless I paid another 1400 bucks for taxes and title transfer again. I will be driving this to and from work about 30 minutes + each way and I also do landscaping on the side but not very much for long trips.

I have, I believe, 7 months left on the factory power train warranty. Can anyone ease my nerves a little?

(Edit) I did get the AEM thing done and they put a sticker under my hood saying it was fixed. I didn't notice too much lag when accelerating.

Don't worry about the loudmouth whiners who come on here and BLA BLA BLA about their POS truck. I have a '14, been a good, reliable truck. GDE tuned at 75k miles and have had no issues outside of emission bull$h!t that a tune couldnt fix. (all emission stuff still on it) I keep antifreeze at the house in case i need to add any. I may have added a quart in the past 30k miles. 106k miles on the clock and will get another towards the end of summer. This will go to my son whenever i find a replacement. Don't lose sleep over what happens to 5% of the ECO owners.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Don't worry about the loudmouth whiners who come on here and BLA BLA BLA about their POS truck. I have a '14, been a good, reliable truck. GDE tuned at 75k miles and have had no issues outside of emission bull$h!t that a tune couldnt fix. (all emission stuff still on it) I keep antifreeze at the house in case i need to add any. I may have added a quart in the past 30k miles. 106k miles on the clock and will get another towards the end of summer. This will go to my son whenever i find a replacement. Don't lose sleep over what happens to 5% of the ECO owners.
I hear ya, I take it with a grain of salt. On the other hand, I bought my truck with 3 previous owners and don't know what they had done to their truck or if it was tuned. I just got a P026C check again again after I cleared it. Does anyone know what that is?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wouldn’t wait to get the EGR done, nor would I drive it. I bought a 2014 last year, in June, and immediately left for North Carolina. At Beckley, WV I got a check engine light, then s TOS sensor warning, then the engine died and then, coasting down the hill into the service area, I lost the brakes. As I was rolling to a stop a pickup pulled up beside me with the driver frantically waving, I ran the window down and he was hollering to get out of the truck, I was in fire. I managed to save my dog, my laptop and my cell phone. Six months later, I got a recall notice. When I contacted Ram Cares, they told me that, since I “no longer owned the vehicle, there was nothing they could do”. They were, however, “Sorry for the inconvenience.”

I will never buy another Chrysler/Fist product.

View attachment 86520
Out of curiosity, how much did that boat & trailer weigh you were hauling?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hear ya, I take it with a grain of salt. On the other hand, I bought my truck with 3 previous owners and don't know what they had done to their truck or if it was tuned. I just got a P026C check again again after I cleared it. Does anyone know what that is?
P026C - fuel injection quality lower then expected. After a quick search it can mean a number of things. Sounds like the service departments have a list of things to check with that code. Might be as simple as replacing fuel filter.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts