RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the last year+ I've had a couple CELs, codes P203E and P24AE, that come and go but mostly stay on. One is for a bad exhaust sensor, and the other, a defective sensor in the DEF tank. Neither one affected the drive-ability (except disabling the remote start capability) of the truck, so I've ignored them. Now that I'm AEM updated and have this extended emissions warranty I decided to have the CELs addressed. Dropped the truck off last Thursday and picked it up yesterday. I was given a Jeep rental paid for by the warranty. The dealer ordered and installed a new DEF tank and exhaust sensor (they received a defective new sensor and had to order a 2nd one), now I have no CELs and I'm happy about that. I'm glad I was able to wait on these CELs until the settlement was over. These new parts are kind of pointless as I will be GDE tuning with my settlement money but it'll be nice to know that in the future if i had to return to stock for any reason I shouldn't have bad senors to deal with.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a re-occuring P203e as well... funny or ironic it popped up 1 day after AEM installed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a re-occuring P203e as well... funny or ironic it popped up 1 day after AEM installed.
Same here. My P203e code had been off for a few days when I dropped the truck off for the update, the day after the AEM was installed the CEL came back on for P203e.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm not getting mine done. I like it the way it is and I don't want it messed up...……...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not getting mine done. I like it the way it is and I don't want it messed up...……...
Man, your crazy...Get the flash, take the extra warranty to fix any issues you will have with it in the future, get a $3000 check, and then go buy a tune that shuts of the EGR and restores MPG and throttle...and your 2 grand richer....This is a Win/Win if you look at it right...

Each to his/her own however...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was going to ask, is there any situation why you wouldnt do the settlement and update? Doesnt seem like any negatives except having to re-order the GDE tune.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Been a while since you posted this thread. Surely a good thing to know for so many agonizing over getting the AEM program.

A warranty is something you never want to use. Those running out or already out sure can appreciate how good that addition can be. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
We've seen quite a few DEF tank replacements due to a faulty sensor, mine included. It seems silly to me every time I read of one. I wonder if the new trucks will have a revised design to be able to have the sensor replaced without replacing the whole unit or if there is some reason this is impractical.

If I remember correctly the replacement DEF tank was something like $1800.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had the update done three weeks ago. Last Friday the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer on Monday.
Picked it up on Wednesday fixed under the update warranty. The code was p24ae and they replaced the DPF sensor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just had the egr cooler replaced with the new settlement. I have never had a truck with 243000 with warranty on it. Sure is nice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had the P24AE code for about 6 months. Had the update done then the next week they replaced the sensor. I was not aware the warranty would pay for a rental.

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK... I'm new and have a comment that I am fishing for ideas/opinions on. I have a 2015 bighorn. It has had a catastrophic failure of the high pressure fuel pump @ 126,000 miles. will this be covered under the extended warranty of the ecodiesel settlement? Should I consider to replace the truck AFTER repairs? I'm wondering how many have high mileage trucks such as mine? I love the truck, but have read enough about this particular failure to be very worried.... Thoughts? IMG_3724.jpg

·
Registered
417 Posts
OK... I'm new and have a comment that I am fishing for ideas/opinions on. I have a 2015 bighorn. It has had a catastrophic failure of the high pressure fuel pump @ 126,000 miles. will this be covered under the extended warranty of the ecodiesel settlement? Should I consider to replace the truck AFTER repairs? I'm wondering how many have high mileage trucks such as mine? I love the truck, but have read enough about this particular failure to be very worried.... Thoughts? View attachment 85369
i believe its covered. Depends when you had the AEM done. That is NOT high millage for these trucks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
OK... I'm new and have a comment that I am fishing for ideas/opinions on. I have a 2015 bighorn. It has had a catastrophic failure of the high pressure fuel pump @ 126,000 miles. will this be covered under the extended warranty of the ecodiesel settlement? Should I consider to replace the truck AFTER repairs? I'm wondering how many have high mileage trucks such as mine? I love the truck, but have read enough about this particular failure to be very worried.... Thoughts? View attachment 85369
HP Pump is listed on the covered items.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum - First post.

Would have been nice to title and start your own thread on the issue.

As stated earlier, the Bosch CP4 fuel pump is normally not an issue. When it is there is often major fuel system damage clean to the injectors that is quite expensive and difficult to repair. Good to hear your AEM warranty extension is supposed to cover it. If and when it does, start a new thread and explain how it all started and worked out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My wife just got this on her jeep... 465xx on the odo and post aem... we also have the max care as well...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
803 Posts
Man, your crazy...Get the flash, take the extra warranty to fix any issues you will have with it in the future, get a $3000 check, and then go buy a tune that shuts of the EGR and restores MPG and throttle...and your 2 grand richer....This is a Win/Win if you look at it right...

Each to his/her own however...
Clearly you are either not married or have more control over the checkbook than some of the rest of us do.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Clearly you are either not married or have more control over the checkbook than some of the rest of us do.
Lol...I am in fact Married, and I do have very little control over the check book...This is why I still dont have the tune myself. the deal I made with the Mrs was, she gets the first check, I get the second if it every shows for the tune.

Marriage has its pros, and its cons :)

However, the warranty is still the best thing if you were not previously tuned...it covers all the crap that the Emissions are screwing up in our trucks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts