RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2016 Limited with the tow mirrors. Does anyone know what needs to be done to swap them to the standard chrome powerfold mirrors? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,349 Posts
I think the biggest hurdle is getting the folding mirror build code added to the truck. The mirrors fold via a comm buss, without the build code, the modules don't know to fold the mirrors.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Building on what Crash said, you'll also need to replace the switch module on the drivers door as trucks with tow mirrors don't have the power fold button. The swap from tow mirrors to the standard chrome folding is pretty simple in itself, the complexity comes if you want to add the power folding function.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Okay, so I have the power folding mirrors on my Big Horn. I was seriously eyeing the mirrors that 1A is selling as folding tow mirrors. I wasn't aware of changing any modules or anything as their video makes it look like you just pull off the old mirrors and install the new ones.

But this is the reverse of what Dhol is looking at. Maybe it's just more difficult doing it that way.

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
Okay, so I have the power folding mirrors on my Big Horn. I was seriously eyeing the mirrors that 1A is selling as folding tow mirrors. I wasn't aware of changing any modules or anything as their video makes it look like you just pull off the old mirrors and install the new ones.
The factory doesn't offer power fold tow mirrors, the ones from 1A mimic the factory standard mirrors so it is just a swap out. Even if you wanted to add the 1A tow mirrors to a truck that doesn't have the factory power fold option, the door modules would have to be changed and the build code updated.

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hi everyone. I have a 2016 Limited with the tow mirrors. Does anyone know what needs to be done to swap them to the standard chrome powerfold mirrors? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did this swap with another member. We swapped my tow mirrors with his power everything mirrors. Also swapped modules and door buttons. I then went to the dealer and got the correct sales codes added.

Works: power adjust, lights, signals.

Does not work: power fold or auto dim.

The only way for me to add those features is to reprogram the computer. The only way to do this is to get that program from a third party...that costs $300, here's the link: https://www.obdgenie.com/products/chrysler-dodge-jeep-power-folding-mirror-package-programmer-c-pfm

Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
The factory doesn't offer power fold tow mirrors, the ones from 1A mimic the factory standard mirrors so it is just a swap out. Even if you wanted to add the 1A tow mirrors to a truck that doesn't have the factory power fold option, the door modules would have to be changed and the build code updated.
Yes the factory does offer power fold tow mirrors. Please make sure you know what you are talking about before you comment.

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
Yes the factory does offer power fold tow mirrors. Please make sure you know what you are talking about before you comment.
I do know what I'm talking about, the 1500 did not offer power folding towing mirrors.
Nothing like disputing a comment 4 years later and this being your first post on the forum.

·
Registered
102 Posts
They have power folding standard mirrors, not Power folding Tow mirrors. you need to get them from infotainment.com.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts