RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right when I was ready to order Ram froze new orders. My dealer and I decided it would be best to wait and order a 2015 rather than try to find one. He called today saying Ram pushed back orders but he has the opportunity to order through July 12th. None of that is a surprise based on what I've been reading however he said that Ram is re-tooling for 2015's but nothing is changing. That doesn't make sense and where I'm confused. Anyone know why they need to re-tool and what is going to be different?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Even if the 2015 will have no changes, manufacturing is always changing, new equipment, better ways of doing things, taking equipment offline for maintenance and so on. I think it is common to do this between models years. The last order date for 2014s may have been 6/13, however I’m sure the line is up and running, they’ll probably only shut it down for a week or two. 2015 orders are supposed to open up on 8/8 with production starting on 10/6, or at least according to this:

Chrysler Trucks (Build Out Final Order Start Up Dates)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Spp on the other forum says there will be a July order window until 7/11 and production will end Sept; orders will open August 8 for the 2015s and production will begin Octoberish. I'm guessing some of the shutdown is from a rumored upgrade to paint line in the Warren plant from chain to belt drive.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Actually, you're all wrong.

Each year, Human Resources has an important, if unpopular, job to perform. It's "annual review" time at Chrysler. Now, as you all understand, there are winners and losers. Some folks get rewarded, while others are on the remedial track - shape up or ship out.

Thus, they take time to retool. If you were deemed to have been a tool during the MY14, HR serves you your walking papers and you're gone. The unions back this under the "job creation" clause, as the final step in the process is to hire "new tools". People who are on the bubble after their interview, but show promise, are given a chance to prove they can overcome their toolishness and get a final invite to join the Chrysler family on a permanent basis.

This is the real reason for the retooling each summer. ;)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Also.....

Even if the 1500 isn't really changing... they make more than just the 1500 in the Warren plant. So... something else may be getting a change.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Each year, Human Resources has an important, if unpopular, job to perform. It's "annual review" time at Chrysler. Now, as you all understand, there are winners and losers. Some folks get rewarded, while others are on the remedial track - shape up or ship out.

Thus, they take time to retool. If you were deemed to have been a tool during the MY14, HR serves you your walking papers and you're gone. The unions back this under the "job creation" clause, as the final step in the process is to hire "new tools". People who are on the bubble after their interview, but show promise, are given a chance to prove they can overcome their toolishness and get a final invite to join the Chrysler family on a permanent basis.

Now that's funny.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

makes total sense... I feel toolish for not thinking of that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts