RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of conversation and lots of happy owners with the GDE. I was thinking maybe it would help some of us considering a GDE purchase if we just had a simple thread that people could see how many trucks and miles of GDE in use.

So if that makes sense (if someone has better idea please run with it) - if you purchased GDE ECU can you simply post in this thread:

- GDE ECU date purchased
- Miles Diven since installed
- Any CEL/MIL or dealer/service problems since install
- State/Province (that's what you whacky northern types call your states right?)

That's it - just a very simple thread that we can see who, where, how long.

Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Purchased 6/17/15,
575 miles since install,
No CEL or dealer activity since install,
North Carolina

·
Super Moderator
2,524 Posts
Purchased 5/27/15
3K miles. No issues, cel's, etc. not been back to dealer but have free oil changes in the future.
Virginia

·
Registered
961 Posts
Installed on 5/16
8k miles since installed
24.5mpg avg (2 better than before tune but 3.5mpg less than evic typically says)
No CELs
SF Bay Area

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've had mine 10 days and put 1,200 miles on it
Gained at least 3 mpg both freeway and around town (haven't towed with it yet)
Paid the $50 for the regen option
Bought a Do Not Flash OBDII plug
The truck drives much better: smoother and with a quicker throttle response
San Francisco bay area
I use HPR when I can

Did you get yours yet Jeff?

IMG_20150710_134121857~2.jpg

·
Registered
424 Posts
Order on June 16th.
Received on June 22, installed June 23rd.
1500km's since install
No CEL'S, but oil change minder isn't working anymore. Spoke to GDE and they said they'd ship out a new one once they have a fix.
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Installed July 9th.
250 miles since install.
No issues.
Minnesota.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Installed last Thursday,July 9. About 450 miles so far. EVIC keeps climbing, but will verify mileage when I fuel up. Can tell the difference with the cruise control. Throttle response under way is better as is passing power. I feel that the turbo lag from a standing stop is still there, maybe slightly less, not as significant. Truck is still quiet while under way, maybe slightly louder when at stopped idle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm curios to know how everyone has done the tune. Ecu swap mail in or keep original.

Thanks

Typos and nonsensical words courtesy of fat fingers on a make believe keyboard.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I bought the ECM, so I've still got the stock computer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought the ECM, so I've still got the stock computer.
Any particular reason you would buy it outright? Seems like a lot of money (650) to hold on to one that you would never use. Are you planning to switching back every time you bring it into ram for service?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Any particular reason you would buy it outright? Seems like a lot of money (650) to hold on to one that you would never use. Are you planning to switching back every time you bring it into ram for service?
One never knows what the future may bring...

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Buying the ECM is a very smart thing to do. If it fails, you still have the stock one. Also if there is an update, you can send the GDE in & keep running on the stock part.

My question is (maybe this was answered somewhere else), if you put the stock ECM back in, can the dealer see that something has changed?

·
Super Moderator
2,524 Posts
Not trying to bust anyone's balls, but I though this thread was about those of us that have the tune and how things are working out?? There are plenty of other threads with questions, concerns, etc??

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Buy it outright if you get a cel with it then you switch it with factory ECU drive the truck let it give factory ECU cel then you go to dealer no problem the dealer will find n fix problem related to cel, if the problem is the ECU you send it back to GDE but most likely a 99 percent chance any cel will be related to def or something else not the GDE ECU, once everything is set up its plug n play .

1 - 20 of 66 Posts