RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
26.9 MPG hand calculated after the first tank post tune. I suspect it'll get better, as that first tank had quite a bit of "hot dogging" as I got a feel for what it will do.

Soot production went from 8% to 51% on the first 501 miles. That's a HUGE improvement, as I normally got about 175-200 miles per regen on the stock tune.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
i have 969 miles on my truck, and yes 350 of them were towing a 6Klb travel trailer. so yep, overall mpg is "low" i suppose. or you can think, damn that's crazy good with 30% of the miles towing... right now the truck is at 18mpg "overall". i haven't had to fill up in several days so fuelly is lagging behind what it really is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
-GDE installed 7/18/2015.
-About 200 miles since installed.
-No check engine lights but AC wouldn't work on the 2nd day during 75 mile drive. When I stopped, it started to work. Sounds like several people had this issue.
-Colorado.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
on a factory gauge or aftermarket gauge I havent seen that option?
Aftermarket gauge. Edge Insight CTS, UltraGauge, Torque app and bluetooth OBD adapter, etc..

·
Registered
9 Posts
- Ordered around midnight 7/22/15, received Saturday 7/25 (FAST shipping!!) Installed 7/26 with 800 total miles on the ED odometer.
- 130 miles driven so far
- no probs with CEL/MIL (install is also easy)
- South Carolina

Very, very happy with performance and mileage (will verify by hand over time). Makes this truck very fun to drive and will hopefully increase longevity compared to stock.

·
Administrator
4,550 Posts
X2. Should be here Wednesday. Braking and Regen Messaging. Not keeping stock ECM.
Update:
Arrived 7/29
Installed 7/29
De-installed 7/29 and Stock re-installed:mad:
Incorrect VIN installed on ECM-Service Electronic Trailer Brake Controller Message appears and Truck dies 2 seconds after start. Very:mad:
Returning 7/30 Talking to GDE in am to see if they can get a replacement here Saturday with no additional core charge........

And then I am going to remove those idiotic air box tabs and replace with 4 mini C Clamps(stainless)............;)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Pic of the air Box tabs you speak of. ;)

I would really like to see all GDE users post real world mileage, before and after figures. Hand Calculated..Maybe one of our moderators would start that, hint hint

·
Administrator
4,550 Posts
Pic of the air Box tabs you speak of. ;)

I would really like to see all GDE users post real world mileage, before and after figures. Hand Calculated..Maybe one of our moderators would start that, hint hint
A bungee cord would work better than those airbox tabs and I know you know what they look like. Too Funny.:) Back to GDE.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well that sucks Blue, especially because that is a pain in the ass to go through...

as to 'real world' mileage - i've been doing the best i can, so not sure what else "real world" would be. i'm tracking mine by EVIC and Fuelly, and Fuelly is included in my signature. My truck only has 1300 miles total, 400 of which were towing. So overall my MPG looks low. Last tank though was almost a GDE tank which ended up at 19.9mpg (Fuelly & hand calculated).

I'm on my first 100% GDE tank, of which i'm about 1/4 into now..and so far i'm at 22mpg.

that's about as "real" as i can get! and that 22mpg is all around town, not highway mpg.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
For some reason my evic has always been off so every tank I always hand calculated but never logged it on paper that being said my truck with the GDE tune is a solid 2 MPGs better and when I baby it like before the tune closer to 4 MPGs better the problem is that it runs much better IMOP so the teenager comes out and I love to roll it on!!! Again IMOP if there was only 1 mode you could do to your truck and nothing to else GDE would be my choice.
Blue sorry about your issues its kinda like being a kid again waiting on Christmas

21 - 40 of 66 Posts