RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get accurate readings on my fluid levels. I don't live on a flat street and my truck will be up on jack stands for my fluid changes.
If I want to check how level she is where do I place my level?
The center of the floor in the back seat? The truck bed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
In theory, I would park the truck on level ground and then check the level against the frame, then replicate that angle when I jack it up, but I really don't worry that much

·
Registered
556 Posts
Looking to get accurate readings on my fluid levels. I don't live on a flat street and my truck will be up on jack stands for my fluid changes.
If I want to check how level she is where do I place my level?
The center of the floor in the back seat? The truck bed?

I didn't check the manual but I'll bet it says to park the truck on level ground .... that's all that's needed to get the correct levels. So, level the bottom of the tires. Ok, that was a bit brief. Mark the ground where the tires sit. Set your jack stands there, lay a 2x4 across a pair of stands front to back then adjust one of them to be level. Make a note of the heights. Jack the truck up and set the stands at the marks.

Curious .... just how NOT level is your lane, garage floor, parking area etc?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't tell if it's level by the eyeball and I would like all four corners to be level.
I'm out in the narrow street, two wheels up on the sidewalk on the side of a hill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts