RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not going to write my LONG story of trying to get my settlement check on here, again, but I just got off the phone for the 12th time with the FCA settlement "??help desk?? and it was no help.

I have been trying to get something to move forward on getting my check since I submitted my paper work on May 28th via snail mail and received on June 8 an email confirming that everything had been submitted and they were reviewing. Meanwhile the FCA claims web site remains with an X for not having the signed/notarized doc.

Since then, I have emailed 7 different times, all the settlement docs files ranging in file size from 7 Mb down to 1.2 Mb. Also, I talked to the second tier support and they gave me the "hot line fax number" to fax my document in which I did on Aug.7th. They said that as soon as they received them, they would escalate my claim and "the next day (Aug 8th.) the claim will be complete".

Well here it is over a week later and so I called today to see what was going on. Talked with 3 different individuals; supposedly escalating up the chain of supervisiors, with the final word being that, and I quote:

"We are backed up and have no idea when claims will be processed." " There is no use calling back because they can't tell anything more that what the system is showing on the web site and THEY are being told that it may be 6-8 months before things can be straightened out and someone can figure out what is going on". "The filing system is overloaded and keeps crashing".

SOOOOOOOO,,,,, if you get a check congrats!!!! If you don't have one yet, like me, good luck and you can probably save your time and breath calling the "hot line".

Got to love it!

·
Registered
747 Posts
On Jul 7 the dealer was having issues with submitting my AEM paperwork but it finally the AEM complete hit the Mopar.com site on Jul 17 and the AEM website showed "Settlement Check Mailed" on Jul 18. Check was cut on Aug 12 and I received it today on the 15th.

It initially took less than 2 weeks from emailing them the signed stuff until I got the checkmark saying it was approved.

·
Registered
138 Posts
All my paperwork was complete on July 23rd. I got my check today. I had submitted my documents by mail on May 6th and then electronically on May 20th. I had slow to no progress and called several times for updates without success. There are two types of people who answer when you call. Those who answer and listen to you complain but can do nothing to help you, these were the ones I got every time, until my last call. I made a point to call as soon as they opened one morning and actually got to talk to a person who could help. I went from paper work submitted to everything complete in two days. Everything was done electronically. So, my point is call early.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I have called every hour of a given day just about starting at 9am EST till 5 pm. Just seems nothing works. Appreciate that some got their checks. Good for you. Maybe my will come though for Christmas.:(

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think I have called every hour of a given day just about starting at 9am EST till 5 pm. Just seems nothing works. Appreciate that some got their checks. Good for you. Maybe my will come though for Christmas.:(
Maybe the fact that you are calling them incessantly is part of the issue. They are probably like "this guy again".

·
Registered
625 Posts
Maybe the fact that you are calling them incessantly is part of the issue. They are probably like "this guy again".
Yep, take the military approach. Get in line, hurry up and wait. Seriously everybody, learn some patience. The folks hired to handle the settlement requests are overwhelmed and probably underpaid. Harassing them with numerous calls only serves to delay everyone's check. Chill out.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
My check was marked ..."in the mail" last week. I will not waste my time checking the mailbox. Never would I bother people, especially if they are super busy trying to deal with the load.

Just always remember the Clinton aid statement ...."never know what you will get when you drag a hundred dollar bill through a trailer park". People go wild for a dollar - robbing, cheating and even murdering for it. Then if you get that dollar it still does not bring happiness. Look at all those in a panic to keep their dollar safe from others.

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
I had the paperwork submitted and accepted prior to having the AEM update done on 7/31. Was pleasantly surprised today to find the settlement check in the mailbox. So just shy of a month for the process after the AEM.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm not going to write my LONG story of trying to get my settlement check on here, again, but I just got off the phone for the 12th time with the FCA settlement "??help desk?? and it was no help.

I have been trying to get something to move forward on getting my check since I submitted my paper work on May 28th via snail mail and received on June 8 an email confirming that everything had been submitted and they were reviewing. Meanwhile the FCA claims web site remains with an X for not having the signed/notarized doc.

Since then, I have emailed 7 different times, all the settlement docs files ranging in file size from 7 Mb down to 1.2 Mb. Also, I talked to the second tier support and they gave me the "hot line fax number" to fax my document in which I did on Aug.7th. They said that as soon as they received them, they would escalate my claim and "the next day (Aug 8th.) the claim will be complete".

Well here it is over a week later and so I called today to see what was going on. Talked with 3 different individuals; supposedly escalating up the chain of supervisiors, with the final word being that, and I quote:

"We are backed up and have no idea when claims will be processed." " There is no use calling back because they can't tell anything more that what the system is showing on the web site and THEY are being told that it may be 6-8 months before things can be straightened out and someone can figure out what is going on". "The filing system is overloaded and keeps crashing".

SOOOOOOOO,,,,, if you get a check congrats!!!! If you don't have one yet, like me, good luck and you can probably save your time and breath calling the "hot line".

Got to love it!
I was told specifically that their email system can NOT handle email attachments over 2MB.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciate all the wonderful responses, but for what it is worth, I still am waiting with the web site saying I need to submit the signed papers. What a deal. I wonder if they have to pay interest if they don’t pay as advertised. Right ��

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just for everyone's info. I submitted all my documents July 12th. Document package was 'approved' on July 16th. Had the AEM done on August 2nd. Check arrived August 31st. Everything was submitted electronically. Looks like many people that submitted early have gotten lost in the FCA system.

Also did the GDE ECU swap on the 30th. I wasn't having issues after the AEM update, but it's a totally different truck now! Huge difference in performance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It seems the way this is working depends on when you get your case manager assigned. Like others have said I got my claim # after emailing on May 21 got the AEM on May 29. Case worker was not assigned until Aug 8 and then she did not touch it until Aug 15. Called a few times in June and July and really got no info. Once the case manager touched my claim things moved quickly. Got everything done in about a week. Just waiting for the check now. Some folks that had Claim numbers in June and July have their checks already. Different case managers. I had a very slow one I guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can someone who has received any kind of confirmation email from FCA please tell me the sender's address?

I snail mailed my claim in May, got the AEM mod at the end of June, haven't received any confirmation of receipt that I am aware of, never mind a check. Just spent 30 min on hold with the hotline and been disconnected (suddenly not hearing the "on hold" music), have tried multiple times to do the online claim form and it simply will not allow me to upload documents.

Wish I could say it hadn't been a PITA... thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Can someone who has received any kind of confirmation email from FCA please tell me the sender's address?

I snail mailed my claim in May, got the AEM mod at the end of June, haven't received any confirmation of receipt that I am aware of, never mind a check. Just spent 30 min on hold with the hotline and been disconnected (suddenly not hearing the "on hold" music), have tried multiple times to do the online claim form and it simply will not allow me to upload documents.

[email protected]

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts

Is the PDF too large when you attempt to upload?

·
Registered
16 Posts
The issue seems to be that my browser isn't playing well with the settlement website... what's happening is that it kicks me off the site mid-process or does not allow uploads. Using Chrome. Finally got thru to a rep who suggested using Internet Explorer?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts