RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
How did you wire it?
I’ve avoided it so far after seeing others fish the wires all the way up to the dash.
seems like a lot of work.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only used pieces of the wiring harness that came with the kit and I supplied my own switch.

First of all, I have the Ramboxes and a LoPro Tonneau cover. I was hoping to borrow power from the lights in the RamBox, but those lights turn off after a few minutes and I wanted to be able to have them on without having to open a door to get them to come back on. Instead of of running all the way to the battery for power, I got it from the 7-way trailer connector.

The only hole I had to drill was for the switch; I found an existing hole to run the power wire from the light strips into the bed so there are no exposed wires in the bed. The hole was behind the plastic on the left side of the picture. The lights are mounted to the rails for the tonneau cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks. It looks pretty easy. Since it's only on when you need it, it shouldn't be a canbus issue.
I have lights to use. I'm going to do this. Yours looks great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the same thing too but used a tilt switch in the tailgate to turn the lights on. I kept the switch that came with the kit so I can turn off the lights when i want to leave the tailgate open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts