RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone getting this? I talked to chrysler incentive today and they said there is only $2500 incentives if i were to pay cash. I asked if rebates and incentives can be used if invoice pricing is given and they said that is up to the dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is a rebate through Ally worth $3000 if you finance through the dealer. I THINK it's a minimum of $8000 financed (not sure). But heck, if you finance even only $10,000 at 3.99%, it's worth taking the extra $3000. This rebate originally expired on March 3, but today my dealer told me it has been extended through all of March. If you're paying cash, pay cash for everything BUT the minimum amount required for the Ally rebate and take the extra $3,000. A no brainer! You can stack all the rebates available. Thus, you'd be up to $5,500.

I have been working with a few dealers over the last few weeks and I won't discuss anything unless it starts from invoice. Then we talk rebates after establishing invoice. Rebates are no sweat off the dealer's back. Say MSRP is 45,000 and there are $5,000 in rebates. If the dealer sells the truck at $40,000, they essentially sold the truck at MSRP and you got taken for a ride. Always negotiate from INVOICE. If MSRP is $45,000, invoice is likely in the ballpark of $41,000. Then subtract $5000 in rebates and you get a fair deal at $35,500. They still make lots of $$$ in other ways. Besides, from what I've been told, the true dealer cost is well below invoice. If the dealer won't begin negotiations from the INVOICE, then walk away! However, the way these EDs are moving, you might have trouble getting a dealer to cooperate. I haven't been dealing for an ED, but a Hemi.

My problem is that I'm factory ordering. The Ally rebate cannot be locked, therefore, there is no guarantee that the rebate will be there at time of delivery. If you can find an ED on a lot somewhere, then you can take advantage of the Ally rebate.

·
Registered
13,673 Posts
Looks like I will have to call. $2,500 rebate for cash payment is something I know nothing about. Never even found anything related to any kind of discount when you paid cash.

What is Ally?

My guess is it's some kind of bank. If so, how can financing also include a cash rebate?

***I just checked. There are NO rebates for me. First I enlisted in the Marines but flunked the physical. Army would also not take me. No military discount.
There's some kind of USAA ??? bonus cash but first, what is that? Second is if you get it , it comes off MSRP. That has no affect on invoice and that's what I will be paying. Conclusion there is forget it.

Then there's this financing $1,000 off thing. Right now it's nothing I can figure out so that may be possible. Was told you will only get a rate somewhere around 4% but could pay it off after 4 payments. Doing that I could deal with all the darn paperwork, credit applications and title ownership by Chrysler, pay it off and fool around with more paperwork, maybe pay some kind of fees to do it and maybe save $500 in the end.

For the hassle it's not worth it to me. I will check into it with more care in another couple weeks when I get back from Daytona Bike Week. Hopefully the truck will be on it's way by then or even here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts