RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of little issues with my 2016 Eco-Diesel in the last 4 years and finally last week started over heating so I limped into the dealership and found that it was the EGR cooler, which is on recall for my year. Ram doesn't even have the parts to fix it! Currently my truck is 3rd in line at that particular dealer waiting for parts. Two trucks in front of me have been waiting for over two weeks to get the parts to fix their EGR issues. WTF. I have never heard of a company not having the parts to fix an issue with their vehicles. I AM DONE....FU Ram. It is said I spent the kind of money I did on a truck and only get 105000 mile out of it. Anyone know of any legal recourse you can take with this matter? I am sure I am not the only one. Thanks

·
Registered
2020 ED 3.92 33gal
91 Posts
Lots of little issues with my 2016 Eco-Diesel in the last 4 years and finally last week started over heating so I limped into the dealership and found that it was the EGR cooler, which is on recall for my year. Ram doesn't even have the parts to fix it! Currently my truck is 3rd in line at that particular dealer waiting for parts. Two trucks in front of me have been waiting for over two weeks to get the parts to fix their EGR issues. WTF. I have never heard of a company not having the parts to fix an issue with their vehicles. I AM DONE....FU Ram. It is said I spent the kind of money I did on a truck and only get 105000 mile out of it. Anyone know of any legal recourse you can take with this matter? I am sure I am not the only one. Thanks
first of all, take a deep breath, the EGR is a Warranty issue and it will get taken care of, and your not the only one, which is why parts aren’t available, I would assume the dealership gave you a rental hopefully you got something decent until your 16 is done.

Reactions: justind

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I have a Jeep Compass and I hate it but hey I can get to work and back so I shouldn't complain....I am a fortunate human in this difficult time! I have never heard of a car company that can fix a recall...maybe it happens a lot, but damn! As soon as I get it fixed it is off to the Toyota Dealer for a new Tacoma.

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Even though it will be covered as part of the recall, you are outside of warranty anyway, better course of action would be to tune it, remove the EGR, install block off plates, and use the EGR for target practice.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Even though it will be covered as part of the recall, you are outside of warranty anyway, better course of action would be to tune it, remove the EGR, install block off plates, and use the EGR for target practice.

·
Registered
395 Posts
There is this thing messing up the whole world called Covid-19.. Maybe you have heard of it ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
No I have a Jeep Compass and I hate it but hey I can get to work and back so I shouldn't complain....I am a fortunate human in this difficult time! I have never heard of a car company that can fix a recall...maybe it happens a lot, but damn! As soon as I get it fixed it is off to the Toyota Dealer for a new Tacoma.
Remember though that all have some issues. Buddy bought a shiny new 17 Taco 4 months after I bought my Eco. It was a POS. Would downshift on the slightest grade 1 or 2 gears, and then slow as molasses in December AND got lousy manage. It spent half the 8 months he owned it in the shop. He’d traded in a 10 yr old Frontier in on the Taco. He traded the Taco in on a 17 Frontier and never looked back. He‘d been wanting a new Tacoma for years, but the 17was NOT what he’d planned on..

·
Registered
401 Posts
Remember though that all have some issues. Buddy bought a shiny new 17 Taco 4 months after I bought my Eco. It was a POS. Would downshift on the slightest grade 1 or 2 gears, and then slow as molasses in December AND got lousy manage. It spent half the 8 months he owned it in the shop. He’d traded in a 10 yr old Frontier in on the Taco. He traded the Taco in on a 17 Frontier and never looked back. He‘d been wanting a new Tacoma for years, but the 17was NOT what he’d planned on..
Gosh that describes my ecodiesel exactly, downshifts one or two gears on the slightest grade, has no power when it's cold and get's 8mpg less than advertised, Toyota fixes it's inferior products, not Fiat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Feel your pain, I had a diesel Pro Master, than they discontinued the motor, I than bought a Echo , great truck so far, but dealers aren't like they use to be, getting a loaner is impossible unless you shed some tears ,forget it . sigh

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Gosh that describes my ecodiesel exactly, downshifts one or two gears on the slightest grade, has no power when it's cold and get's 8mpg less than advertised, Toyota fixes it's inferior products, not Fiat.
LOL ! NOT the toyota i had:(

·
Registered
13,577 Posts
No personal experience with Toyota as it is not American and I would never be seen in one. Know people with them and two flat out have had trouble. Both also decry the hideous fuel mileage.

No satisfaction to you but ALL Ecodiesel Rams from the beginning through 2018 have defective EGR systems. All need replaced. That is over 100,000 vehicles. FCA is doing them all and doing loaners, even for those out of warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Toyota is no better then the rest... They are famous for acknowledging that an engine had an issue but said if it doesn't fail by 60k miles then they would not fix it. As stated above no manufacturer is perfect. In the end they are in business to make money and if the big company doesn't cover a costly repair it is likely the local owned and operated dealership won't cover it either. I had the Ford focus which now has a class action settlement for the studderting transmission. Took it to them 5 times between cruise control and the trans they claimed it was normal and said I should drive in manual shift mode 😒. Hopefully the EGR will be replaced soon if not and my truck burns down I guess I will be getting an upgrade 🤪.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the EGR recall done by the dealer did not have to wait for parts. As I recall from the recall notice you can pay someone else to change the parts then put in for reimbursement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts