RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the injectors on the right side replaced at 320000 miles because of a code p062d. The code came back at 331000 miles it’s at the dealership again they are replaced the right side plus one on the left. Is there any reason why the injectors would be failing so fast? Has anyone had this problem? Truck has had the fuel filter replaced at last oil change. Truck is all stock and serviced at the dealership all it life.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had the injectors on the right side replaced at 320000 miles because of a code p062d. The code came back at 331000 miles it’s at the dealership again they are replaced the right side plus one on the left. Is there any reason why the injectors would be failing so fast? Has anyone had this problem? Truck has had the fuel filter replaced at last oil change. Truck is all stock and serviced at the dealership all it life.
I think that code is for an Injector Control Module. (Bank One) Not the individual injectors ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They told me they tested everything an it was the injectors. They are replacing the three they changes Earlier for free. It just seemed like they failed very fast. It just puts it in the service engine where you lose 80 percent of your power. They told me it should be done on Friday so we will see. Yes the truck does have 331000 miles on it and it is all stock the dealership has done everything to it.

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,157 Posts
They told me they tested everything an it was the injectors. They are replacing the three they changes Earlier for free. It just seemed like they failed very fast. It just puts it in the service engine where you lose 80 percent of your power. They told me it should be done on Friday so we will see. Yes the truck does have 331000 miles on it and it is all stock the dealership has done everything to it.
You have one of the highest-mileage stock Ecodiesels reported. It just might be THE highest. A few have gone more but most all reported have been modified in some form.

For an engine designed with a 150,000 mile engine life, you have more than doubled that already. Hope you can fix the injector/fuel problem and get more mileage.

·
Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 253,000 KM.
1,779 Posts
You have one of the highest-mileage stock Ecodiesels reported. It just might be THE highest. A few have gone more but most all reported have been modified in some form.

For an engine designed with a 150,000 mile engine life, you have more than doubled that already. Hope you can fix the injector/fuel problem and get more mileage.
150,000 mile engine life. Yikes....makes me feel like I'm on borrowed time......or......if Another is at 331,000 then I'm a little over halfway used up.
Depends on ones outlook I suppose. I'm going to stick with her and run her till she drops.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
150,000 mile engine life. Yikes....makes me feel like I'm on borrowed time......or......if Another is at 331,000 then I'm a little over halfway used up.
Depends on ones outlook I suppose. I'm going to stick with her and run her till she drops.
Hold on hold on... The engine does not have a designed lifespan of 150k miles. Thats not an accurate description of the B10 design life. What captain is referring to is a measure used by engine designers. the 150k mile B10 means that the designers estimate that with the fleet in service, 10% will fail by 150k miles. 90% will exceed that. If you take care of it, it should last well beyond 150k miles.

I think your injector issue is an issue with the tank or the CP4 fuel pump. It may be failing and sending particles into the injectors and clogging them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts