RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys heres what I am looking for input inn regards too... I currently have a 10 ram crew with a hemi that only comes outta the garage when I hook to my boat or my 4 place open trailer. My wife has her commuter car, and I have my own, or a company vehicle. I love my ram as all of you do, but being all that it does is tow I have grown used to getting about 10mpg, 87 octane, with 10%eth. 4x4 and central WI temps. My boat, and my 4 place weigh about 4k or less. When I see towing #s in the middle to high teens it definitely gets my attention, being thats all my truck does. I have a payment now, and priced an ED a couple months ago decked the way I'd like it and it jumped my payment about 100 bucks. I also take a few 700+ mi trips a year towing my boat. Should I be placing my order, or stay the course for another year and see if the ED lives up to its hype?

·
Registered
576 Posts
New carpet kept me from ordering this year, will keep reading and plan for 2015 model purchase. I expect RAM to raise prices if the engine proves out. LOL

Jim

·
Registered
281 Posts
i saw one review from colorado of almost 20 mpg hauling a load of 7000# +. possibilty of doubling your fuel mileage would be at the high end of an optimistic expectation but don't discount it as being feasible. these are some amazing little engines. while the ed is new to the ram, it's been in the grand cherokee for better than a year now with a pretty decent track record & i think it's been used in europe prior to that. whether you could justify the trade from a monetary aspect would depend on the miles it would be used. tickled pink with mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts