RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 started throwing P2020 and P200A codes frequently. Dealer says intake manifold needs to be replaced. Its in the shop now being replaced under AEM Warranty. They say the intake manifold is extremely gunked up with carbon. I have 160,000 on truck and had AEM applied in May 2019. Now I have the EGR recall. I also received a letter from FCA saying there is an update to the AEM coming. Had some coolant drips in garage in the middle under the motor. They said the water pump is leakings slightly. But I read about the EGR leaks and that maybe the engines are burning coolant. Very confusing. I guess we'll replace intake manifold, I'll get the EGR recall done in April, and the AEM update when available. I have asked the dealer what is normal for carbon build up in intake. They say it depends on how your drive and whether you sit idling a lot. I'm pretty sure that with all the factors/recalls/updates in play here that they are nearly as confused as I am. If you hear anything about how they measure normal carbon build up please post. I really love this truck despite this recent grief. I'd like to keep it another 160,000 miles.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'd get the water pump replaced. FCA is going to replace your EGR cooler and intake manifold. Good news, you got the extended warrantee, bad news you are stuck with all of the continued soot from the EGR. Glad I got my EGR shut off since 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
@bpwampler , AEM update is already here . some got it and love the fact the lag is gone ,
service managers can't see it as available , it is not a '' recall in traditional sense '' ,
when the tech hooks up computer it shows up , then tech can flash to your truck.
----
Want to keep it another 160,000 mies ,,,Tune it then ,
that new intake manifold is like getting lung transplant for your truck ,
stock tune is like continuing to smoke 3 packs a day after lung transplant .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dealer in Utah said they were told not to do the flash anymore
still needs to be approved?
the flash is supposed to be included in the V08 update?
im still going to wait

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dealer in Utah said they were told not to do the flash anymore
still needs to be approved?
the flash is supposed to be included in the V08 update?
im still going to wait
V08 was AEM
after all the complaints about the AEM it took months for FCA to fine tune another AEM
that is the V07 .
see this thread , specially post # 55 , in here :
- Sounds like a V08 update is in the works...
I just had the update done yesterday...the "lag" is definitely gone and I'm not experiencing any of the horror stories (poor performance) others have reported.

·
Registered
393 Posts
My 2015 started throwing P2020 and P200A codes frequently. Dealer says intake manifold needs to be replaced. Its in the shop now being replaced under AEM Warranty. They say the intake manifold is extremely gunked up with carbon. I have 160,000 on truck and had AEM applied in May 2019. Now I have the EGR recall. I also received a letter from FCA saying there is an update to the AEM coming. Had some coolant drips in garage in the middle under the motor. They said the water pump is leakings slightly. But I read about the EGR leaks and that maybe the engines are burning coolant.
I don't think there's a measure for normal carbon buildup.

the coolant on the ground is probably from the waterpump.

if your egr is leaking, it's leaking coolant into the intake, not on the ground. I would push the dealer for a loaner until the EGR is replaced. It's allowed under the AEM and EGR recall. That's where my truck is currently.

·
Registered
721 Posts
So is it possible that the V08 has then been modified and V08 is still the requirement for AEM, extended warranty, AEM settlement $ ?
If so would that make V07 for those that weren't happy with the original V08?

·
Registered
74 Posts
20200222_163429.jpg
I had mine done the beginning of January 2020. There's no lag and actually drives better now.
I'm curious if some can share what their stickers say for those who have had it done before or after Dec. 2019.
Mine says V08/V11. Just wondering if this is the new AEM post Dec 2019 or the original one.
Thanks to all who reply.

·
Registered
696 Posts
So is it possible that the V08 has then been modified and V08 is still the requirement for AEM, extended warranty, AEM settlement $ ?
If so would that make V07 for those that weren't happy with the original V08?
This is going to make me get up and look under the hood to check the sticker. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
The V08 is the emissions recall and it goes by V11 in Canada. The V07 is the auto park recall and completely separate. But there is updated calibrations for the V08 which is common place anymore.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Thanks Brokedown , I've been calling the new AEM version by the wrong name ,
hope I did not mislead too many guys with the wrong name .....
your Mopar attachement show Auto-Park as '' U 07 '' ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where did this '' V07 '' first start to get used on the site ????

·
Registered
696 Posts
Who’s on first? Is there or isn’t there a V08 update. I said no there isn’t. I was hoping I was wrong.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Have not received any update or notification of a V08 update. V08/V11 is on all the emission stickers. If you claim you received the update please provide the service write up. I’m dying of curiosity and I am not a cat. I don’t think there is one yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
According to this thread there is a possible update to V08. It's VA7.
There was a letter people recieved about an AEM update in Dec. 2019.
This is all I know. Thanks for everyone replying and getting this straight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts