RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Must be a phantom update. There was a confusing letter sent by FCA but it was a notification not a recall. I spoke to FCA and they did not know why that went out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have not received any update or notification of a V08 update. V08/V11 is on all the emission stickers. If you claim you received the update please provide the service write up. I’m dying of curiosity and I am not a cat. I don’t think there is one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you drive this truck :) how is that engine bay so clean?

·
Premium Member
13,974 Posts
Do you drive this truck :) how is that engine bay so clean?
Guessing he cleans it.

Mine were always clean because I use a motorcycle cleaner called S-100. spray it on, let it sit, hose it off. Little bit of blowing air and a towel finishes the job.

Starting to look dirty? S-100.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2015 started throwing P2020 and P200A codes frequently. Dealer says intake manifold needs to be replaced. Its in the shop now being replaced under AEM Warranty. They say the intake manifold is extremely gunked up with carbon. I have 160,000 on truck and had AEM applied in May 2019. Now I have the EGR recall. I also received a letter from FCA saying there is an update to the AEM coming. Had some coolant drips in garage in the middle under the motor. They said the water pump is leakings slightly. But I read about the EGR leaks and that maybe the engines are burning coolant. Very confusing. I guess we'll replace intake manifold, I'll get the EGR recall done in April, and the AEM update when available. I have asked the dealer what is normal for carbon build up in intake. They say it depends on how your drive and whether you sit idling a lot. I'm pretty sure that with all the factors/recalls/updates in play here that they are nearly as confused as I am. If you hear anything about how they measure normal carbon build up please post. I really love this truck despite this recent grief. I'd like to keep it another 160,000 miles.
Did you have any trouble with them saying not covered I’m in the same boat at 140k miles there trying to say the intake is not covered aem and egr have been done

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you have any trouble with them saying not covered I’m in the same boat at 140k miles there trying to say the intake is not covered aem and egr have been done

21 - 25 of 25 Posts