RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
At the end of the day, i have no doubt that eventually, EGR will not be an issue for engine longevity. Diesel emissions tech has effectively lagged gasoline since it was pretty much exempt until 2007 and gasoline had a 30+ year head start.

as of right now, it looks like the tech might be at a turning point w/ the post DPF EGR equipment and improving SCR technology. just takes time.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Interesting concept for sure, but with all the stuff, hmmm. Which is why I traded up to the Hemi (Not E-torque) to get away from some of the issues...............

2019Ram.JPG

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
At the end of the day, i have no doubt that eventually, EGR will not be an issue for engine longevity. Diesel emissions tech has effectively lagged gasoline since it was pretty much exempt until 2007 and gasoline had a 30+ year head start.

as of right now, it looks like the tech might be at a turning point w/ the post DPF EGR equipment and improving SCR technology. just takes time.
The Ford's and Gen 3 Eco are using Low Pressure EGR, which is fed in post DPF, meaning it is basically as soot free as you can get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts