RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was looking to buy a truck I came across a 2015 Ram Limited EcoDiesel, may have even been a Longhorn, too. It had this absolutely stunning leather interior... Rough leather, embroidered Ram logos, saddle bags for pockets on the seat backs, embroidered patterns on the seats and door panels. I LOVED it... Anyone know what that package was called? Was it part of the Limited or Big Horn? Or some other option? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Longhorn Edition. Saddle leather....competed with Fords's King Ranch level interior. Some have etching similar to cowboy boot uppers...mine does not. File photo below however this is the 'non etched' version I have::

View attachment 77628

Etching File photo below:

Etching.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes! That’s it, the etched version! The one I saw was in blue leather. Loved it. I thought it was the Limited version because I’m pretty sure it had LIMITED embroidered on the center console. Damn I lusted over that interior. It was gorgeous.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next question... After seeing your non-etched interior, do all the Rams have the cover that slides over the “dump hole” in the center console? I never noticed it on mine but that doesn’t mean it’s not there.

·
Registered
744 Posts
When I was looking to buy a truck I came across a 2015 Ram Limited EcoDiesel, may have even been a Longhorn, too. It had this absolutely stunning leather interior... Rough leather, embroidered Ram logos, saddle bags for pockets on the seat backs, embroidered patterns on the seats and door panels. I LOVED it... Anyone know what that package was called? Was it part of the Limited or Big Horn? Or some other option? Thanks!
Hi: Shane826... I have a 2016 Laramie Longhorn Black/ Saddle Tan interior... no etching, but real wood trim and sliding cover over the console!!! The Laramie Limited has the etching. The 2019 was said by one auto journalist in last weeks paper to have THE most beautiful interior and it was the only pickup truck mentioned in the1/2 page article.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Next question... After seeing your non-etched interior, do all the Rams have the cover that slides over the “dump hole” in the center console? I never noticed it on mine but that doesn’t mean it’s not there.
Big Horn 2015 , NO cover on console..:(
does look cleaner with cover.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Limited was highest in 2016...think Long Horn is highest in 2019. The etching is nice however for me took away from the wood trim and leather itself...and was simply too much...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Interior ???'s

If I remember correctly, that sliding cover was on the Limited and Longhorns starting in 2016, lower trim levels didn't have it.
Hi: Crash68... Guess I'm "A sucker for a pretty face". All the salesman had to do was open the door... and I was hooked. Every truck I had looked at till then had either a black or grey interior. After 8 years of grey plastic I wanted luxurious. After all when you're towing a travel trailer you spend a lot of time in your truck!!! I don't spend enough time in there with my camera.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie. P1040820.JPG

·
Registered
744 Posts
Limited was highest in 2016...think Long Horn is highest in 2019. The etching is nice however for me took away from the wood trim and leather itself...and was simply too much...
Hi: shawclan5... I'm sure the highest is still a "Limited". It's got everything!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
13,223 Posts
Saw a t least two of those on the Tampa Craigslist for sale today. Surprised at the high mileage some offered Ecodiesels had. A few were way over 100,000 miles with prices near or just a bit less than what I paid for mine new.

Quite surprised how those Laramie Longhorns had such high asking prices.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
BlackEcoRam , where do you put Outdoorsman , and tradesman models ??
then there's the Lone Star , but maybe only sold in Texas ??

·
Super Moderator
4,167 Posts
The Outdoorsman and Bighorn are both options packages on the SLT trim level. The Lone Star is the same as a Big Horn but specific for Texas. The Big Horn/Lone Star has more chrome on it. The Outdoorsman has the black door handles, mirrors, grill and the BW 44-45 transfer case (it's more off road orientated). Some how my Outdoorsman also has the Big Horn option package.
The Tradesman if I'm not mistaken is option package for the base model.

·
Registered
406 Posts
My '14 Laramie Longhorn has the saddle brown leather without the etching - and also without the cover for the console bin. I've been thinking about swapping my center console bin with one from a newer Ram with the console. Mainly for the cover and the phone holder and slots for the charger. Just wanting to upgrade my mobile office... ;)

Bob

1 - 20 of 31 Posts