RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I would like to introduce myself to the forum and I hope I am not breaking and forum rules, if so I apologize.

I am the owner of a performance shop in Texas that has just released out full line of tuning with different options available.

we also work on the ecodiesel, and we are not here for a pissing match with any other shops.

our current test vehicle that I personally drive

2016 Laramie crew cab 5’7” box
34” tires
3.55 gears
Block off plates
Straight piped
30mpg on Highway
60whp over stock

we offer trans tuning by itself, we also have options for people who are trying to keep their current tuning but want to be able to flash their vehicle stock in case of updates.

please message me if you have have questions over the process or pricing, pricing is affordable and very competitive. We also have customers who can vouch for us.

·
Registered
504 Posts
How do we know your tune version will not damage our engine ? What are some of the details of the eco tune ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My personal test vehicle has 40k on the tuning so far and we are not nice to it at all. What info would you like specifically?

·
Registered
504 Posts
My personal test vehicle has 40k on the tuning so far and we are not nice to it at all. What info would you like specifically?
How did you create the tune It requires special expensive test equipment correct ? Do you have a Canadian version with the EGR shut off ? eliminate unnecessary injector strokes ? make any changes to pilot injection ? do you have a thorough understanding of how pilot injection affects the combustion process apparently fuel injection has evolved pilot injection serves several functions now. How is the tune installed ?

·
Premium Member
5,351 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I do believe you need to be a sponsor of the forum in order to advertise.

If this is Randy posting I do hope you handle yourself with more decorum than you have in the FB Eco groups. I don't know who owns Reckless Motorsports USA so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you create the tune It requires special expensive test equipment correct ? Do you have a Canadian version with the EGR shut off ? eliminate unnecessary injector strokes ? make any changes to pilot injection ? do you have a thorough understanding of how pilot injection affects the combustion process apparently fuel injection has evolved pilot injection serves several functions now. How is the tune installed ?
Yeah we have over 20k in software at our shop for just tuning

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your detailed response I think that tells me all I need to know.
No not really you’re asking question pertinent to the information within the tuning itself. We have a lot of research and development into tending our trucks to hand over information to someone who isn’t actually interested in our tuning.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sounds like the opposite to me, I'm interested in your tuning thats why I'm asking you for information. I don't think I would put one of your tunes in my lawn mower let alone a $50,000 truck if all you can say is it's great give me $1400.00 and I will send you the most advanced tune available.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
A lot of people in the ecodiesel community think the ecodiesel is some mythical, magical machine that requires special knowledge in order to tune it. The bottom line is, its still just a diesel engine, no more complicated than the Ford 6.0 or any other modern diesel. A good tuner with the proper equipment and experience is able to tune this truck fine.

There was another guy who started a tuning company a few years back. He didn't tune himself, but resold a tune for these trucks. He wasn't very knowledgeable and had knee jerk responses to reasonable, and some very unreasonable, questions and it left a bad taste here on the forums and in the facebook groups. There are certain tuners that people idolize that spoke poorly of the tune, and the fans of those tuners simply jumped on the band-wagon, having little to no knowledge for themselves on tuning, and attacked the tuner every chance they got. The guy was pretty immature in his responses, and wasn't able to provide technical information and responses to questions and this led to his downfall.

The main Tuner on these forums is GDE, they are a vendor and pay to be one. They also have a lot of knowledge and experience tuning these trucks and can see through inexperienced tuners and tunes. Some of us also understand tuning and have tuned our own vehicles and know enough to discern fact from fiction.

So, if you want to succeed on this forum, you probably should become a vendor, and you probably should give some technical information about your tunes. Most won't understand it, but some of us will, and simply throwing out numbers without data to back them up isn't going to get you very far here. Arguing won't get you anywhere. Lots of members and more join each day, so if done right it could be very profitable for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We will be taking care of the vendor thing short

We are not here to argue about anything or discuss other companies. We are fully about building a strong community and staying away from drama.

We have been working on a ton of projects to increase the performance industry in the eco diesel world that will be available to the public when done.

As for the injections we change the main injection which is where a majority of the fueling comes from. We modify all of the pilot injection tables, and we keep the post injection tables which some companies don’t but fine tune them.

diesel timing tables are adjusted to help keep the noise down at low rpms and during warm up, timing is changes throughout the driving areas to increase fuel economy. Timing is also changes in top for power.

turbo charger tables are adjusted for better control, less lag, and in driving areas for fuel economy.

On the 45hp tuning there is at most a tiny puff that’s barely noticeable of smoke from a dead stop at wot.

On the 60hp standard deleted tuning there is a little more black but still clean, then on the 60hp+ race tuning it rolls pretty hard. (We may not offer this option)

There are some small changes in the fuel pressure tables to help smooth out spikes in rail pressure.

warm up idle and other idle tables are changed to help with cold weather areas.

There is a lot more in our tuning then what’s listed, but that should help. Currently full delete tuning is only offered through a pcm swap, but we are finishing up the parameters to start doing the full tuning through Hptuners allowing people to go back to stock anytime they want and allowing us to send modifications or updates to customers.

·
Administrator
9,781 Posts
Thank you, I only want to help out the community.

by the end of today we should be fully set up to use Hptuners only for all of the tuning.
Were the links I sent you helpful? We would like to have you as a new forum sponsor.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thank you, I only want to help out the community.

by the end of today we should be fully set up to use Hptuners only for all of the tuning.
So your using HPTuners? Will you customers be able to use the MVPI2 or will you require the dumb RTD device? Several members here, myself included, have MVPI2's and might be willing to test your product for a discount.

Do you offer "emissions intact" tuning? What are your power levels for those if so? What does your regen intervals look like tuned?

What is the max boost levels for each of your tunes? Do you tweak or remove any of the safety parameters? Oil temp, cooling temp limits, etc

Do you add turbo braking?

What are your test cases for your test truck? Towing scenarios? What sort of loads? Where were the tests performed? The desert? Colorado?

What highway speed are you achieving 30mpg?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So your using HPTuners? Will you customers be able to use the MVPI2 or will you require the dumb RTD device? Several members here, myself included, have MVPI2's and might be willing to test your product for a discount.

Do you offer "emissions intact" tuning? What are your power levels for those if so? What does your regen intervals look like tuned?

What is the max boost levels for each of your tunes? Do you tweak or remove any of the safety parameters? Oil temp, cooling temp limits, etc

Do you add turbo braking?

What are your test cases for your test truck? Towing scenarios? What sort of loads? Where were the tests performed? The desert? Colorado?

What highway speed are you achieving 30mpg?

Currently working on some stuff right now so I’ll get to come back and answer more in depth.

The fuel mileage is at 80 with elevation of 4000’ on solid flat land.

Towing has all been tested pulling 8k pounds flat car trailer bumper pull, we have a 24’ enclosed we will be doing more in depth towing with as well to help simulate bigger campers and things like that,

We haven’t fully decided on the rtd or mpvi2, I think if we do the mpvi2 we will have people sign confidentially agreements because 90% of our benefits show up in the file and that isn’t fully beneficial to share around. Though you can private message me I’m always interested in setting up more test vehicles.

The race tune the turbo goes to peak at 45 psi.

Are are offering 45 60 and 60 race in deleted.

No deleted we will have to dyno to get more exact numbers but it should be 40 and 55 horsepower as we found in tuning the Cummins we can get almost the exact same power with all of the emissions intact.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Thanks for the added information. We know that the small turbo is the limiting factor on these trucks. 45 PSI I'm sure turns our little turbos into hairdryers. That tune I'm sure would be great for a larger turbo swap on these trucks.

I sent you a DM as well. Look forward to seeing you more on the forums.

Reactions: Dennisvab
1 - 20 of 42 Posts