RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Inverters

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  parco 
#1 ·
This applies to my work truck but I'm sure people are eventually going to be installing these in theirs also.

Looking for an inverter to install in my super duty, 1.2-1.5kw. Problem is the mounting location only allows about 3inches max height. Can't find anywhere else to mount it. Where do I look for inveters like that ? Most I've found are 4-6" tall

Having trouble finding one with that capacity that is that small. The biggest thing I can think of using would be a grinder pulling 7.5a on the 120 side at 750w that would pull 90a from the battery assuming 80% effiecny from the inverter.

Lastly, Any reason to stay in the 1.2-1.5 range and not just get a 1,000w if 7.5amps is all I need. Most circular saws pull 15a so that's out of the question. What else might someone use in the field am I forgetting that takes 8a+

#3 ·
I already have a craftsman set of impacts and drills that will be being used. Everything will be staying in the truck there isn't anytime to take batteries out to charge as I never know when I'll need them at any point of the day or weekday/weekend. And buying another set of cordless tools is out of the question don't have the money to change brands let alone to the m18 series.

Not only that not there are times where I simply need 120v access of a few hundred watts. Those times I know in advance and take a little inverter generator. I'm trying to combine the needs so I'm not stuck at the shop or home waiting the the batteries to charge.

#13 ·
I found my Husky brand inverter I purchased from Home Depot several years ago. It is 175 watts, single outlet, plugs into a 12V car outlet. Nice thing about this inverter is that its round and made to fit in a cup holder in your vehicle. It is small enough that I keep in the optional upper glove box of my 1500 ED.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.