RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The higher line IP will show a lot of information! I have not had a chance to go through everything yet however here is a sample.

Also, 3:55 gear, 20" wheels and around 1,650 rpm @ 70mph.

Attachments

Reactions: ndtguy and 4Nines

·
Registered
267 Posts
Does it have the ability to show the turbo's boost level on the screen?

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
That is nice. I miss having instant access to coolant and oil temperature/pressure gauges. That "higher line" is better than my standard gauge package.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it have the ability to show the turbo's boost level on the screen?
I was disappointed because it did not. (or I have not found it yet)

·
Registered
42 Posts
The 8 speed runs a little hotter then my 6 speed hemi. I never see temperatures over 145 daily.

That's really low temps actually. I had a 2013 Raptor and it would run 200 degrees all the time. I thought that was way too high for normal driving around town, but I checked with other owners and that's what the norm was. It's good to know that these transmissions run a lot cooler so that they can handle heavy loads and hills better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's really low temps actually. I had a 2013 Raptor and it would run 200 degrees all the time. I thought that was way too high for normal driving around town, but I checked with other owners and that's what the norm was. It's good to know that these transmissions run a lot cooler so that they can handle heavy loads and hills better.
I thought it was a little low also.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My 2014 2500 does. I would assume it's available on this truck as well?
Can you tell us how you get your 2500 to display boost in screen so that someone can check on their 1500 ED and see if it can too?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Holy smokes, that is running less RPM at 70 than my Cummins with 3.42, G56R, 295/70/17s!

Does it take much for it to downshift to 7th at 70? (Hill, acceleration needed...etc?)

Dropping to 7th at 70 would be just over 2100 RPM I figure.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Holy smokes, that is running less RPM at 70 than my Cummins with 3.42, G56R, 295/70/17s!

Does it take much for it to downshift to 7th at 70? (Hill, acceleration needed...etc?)

Dropping to 7th at 70 would be just over 2100 RPM I figure.
I was on a really flat stretch of road. The truck would hold 8th with no issues at all when I accelerated to 85 mph. Mind you, I did not tip into the throttle very hard.

Also, I looked around in the settings and could not find boost or EGT. That's not to say they don't have it as an option to be unlocked at the dealer. I know there are quite a few functions that can be changed at the dealership.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts