RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my eye on a couple Ecos on lots. Both are 2016 models and according to the Mopar website, have not had the AEM done to them. My question is, if a person was to buy one and have the AEM update performed would this new owner be awarded a settlement check after submission of the paperwork packet? I have read real quick about the delays in processing, non existent extended deadlines for original owners and the like. Anybody bought a truck after the AEM update was announced and was able to receive a check? They only downfall I see to this is perhaps the website isnt updated due to the volume of paperwork received.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
In page 6 and 7 of the PDF file , there are dates , complicated
legal language for me , I am French , not english , maybe you can find exactly
where you would be , in that mumbo jumbo , qualified or not for the $3075 ,
I was under the impression futur buyers would not be able to get the $$$$.
I could be wrong ...

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don’t think so. I’d think long and hard about buying one of these turds to begin with but if I did get one used I sure would not allow them to touch The AEM. It does way more harm than good.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don’t think so. I’d think long and hard about buying one of these turds to begin with but if I did get one used I sure would not allow them to touch The AEM. It does way more harm than good.
...especially if you are not eligible for the money.

·
Registered
13,533 Posts
You can buy one of the trucks. Without the $$, the AEM will offer you an additional warranty period. That is good.

Now the AEM itself is NOT good. Some can live with it. Others find a way to tune it out. That used to be easier yet is still possible from couple different sources.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You can buy one of the trucks. Without the $$, the AEM will offer you an additional warranty period. That is good.

Now the AEM itself is NOT good. Some can live with it. Others find a way to tune it out. That used to be easier yet is still possible from couple different sources.
And some have noticed no difference after the AEM other than more cash in their wallet and a longer warranty

·
Registered
950 Posts
On page 8 of the linked long form document, it looks like you should be eligible for both the fix and the cash. There is an 800 number to call and ask.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On page 8 of the linked long form document, it looks like you should be eligible for both the fix and the cash. There is an 800 number to call and ask.
This is also how I interpret the language. It seems to me that former owners are also out and are no longer eligible for compensation due tot he fact that they sold the truck after January 10, 2019 and the AEM had not been performed. I would agree with others though and if the AEM had not been performed, I would hold out as long as possible to have it done. Which brings me to another question, if an outstanding recall had not been performed, is a vehicle still able to have repairs done under an extended warranty?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I also agree, after reading form it would appear you would be eligible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Multiple dealers here in North Dakota have them. If they are not brand new, there is no restrictions on sale of a used vehicle with an outstanding recall.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Better check with the dealer and make sure they can and will sell you the truck with an open recall. This recall is for the egr system which can cause catastrophic fires. I understand why a dealer would not want to be held responsible for selling that truck.

·
Registered
928 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts