RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything I read is doom and gloom about their ED. Engines blowing, leaking coolant etc etc.
Any owner been happy with their truck? Sound off. State, miles, year or truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Me, 2018 tuned at 1200 miles.

Had a 2015 that I traded in for 2018. I traded that vehicle 2 days after I found this forum. Had it for 3.5 years, perfect in every way for 68k miles. I found this forum because I was investigating my first CEL.

·
Registered
123 Posts
2016 CCSB. Stock until 101k. Aem than paid for a basic GDE tune. Had exhaust temp sensor replaced. 99% highway and extended drives. Use my jeep for short trips. Had a few small CELs that I was able to sort out with the forums info. As with any vehicle its not perfect but I run the piss out of the truck.

Idk what world anyone thinks diesels would be good for short trips, not to upset anyone but you were strongly misinformed.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
2016 Laramie, 32000 miles, crew cab, 3.92 gears with 6' rambox. I have had GDE tune since about 4000 mile [I only use the tune while off road, wink wink]. I have only had a few CELs. I will be happier at the end of January, as that will be my last payment.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm very happy with my 2016 Ecodiesel. The best 1/2 ton I've ever owned.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Stock tuned 2015 with 120,000 miles. No problems, no CEL, just routine main. Did change the lifetime fluid in transmission at 100,000. Gat AEM about 10,000 miles ago. No noticable change in performance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
2017 CC laramie, 4wd, with 3.92 gear. 48k miles now with GDE tune since 20k miles.
Had EGR coolant leak at 35k miles that was fixed under warranty. Nothing else just normal maintenance. I’m up to 14k mike oil changes per blackstone oil sample results.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Good to see some positive responses for a change. I have 16 bighorn, no engine mods(yet). Just added the wheels and tires along with bilstein shock to level the front. No CELs, completed the emission recall, otherwise no issues. 42k miles

·
Registered
204 Posts
Everything I read is doom and gloom about their ED. Engines blowing, leaking coolant etc etc.

There are thousands upon thousands of happy owners but you will not find many here. We have three ED trucks and jeeps, one 2014 and two 2015's. We are very happy with them, before and after the AEM recall. They are all stock.

·
Administrator
8,564 Posts

Sure. There are many happy owners. Take some time and read through the forum. I've been here since the beginning and I would guess probably 98 % of forum members appear to be happy with their truck.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts