RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
2015 just shy of 80,000 miles. I’ve pulled more than it’s rated for, I’ve hauled 2x the rates capacity in the bed, I’ve exceeded the epa highway estimate as an average. I have done nothing but a tune and oil/filter and fuel and air filters.

I love it and to this point it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned.

What I hate is the potential for it to become the worst vehicle I’ve ever owned at the drop of a hat!
I echo this Pretty much word for word. 2016, I've put on 72k miles(79k on truck), GDE, Oil Changes, Filters. I've had a very very slow coolant disappearance that I've been watching. Overall happy, but of course those thoughts in the back of your mind.....

·
Registered
956 Posts
Ain't no recalls being done on my 2014. No EGR left, full delete completed...there is zero need for a dealer at this point. Just getting ready to do front and rear brake pads.

Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk
Amen! My ‘15 hasn’t been back since the rear camera took a dump inside the 3/36. I’ve avoided the recallls, AEM, and everything else. Just about ready to hit the 100k mark without any drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
2017 Tradesman heavy duty (ED, 3.55, class 4 towing, off-road pkg, ram boxes, crew cab, 6-3 bed).

Love the 30 mpg at 55, 26 mpg at 70 mph, quiet and smooth at highway speed.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
There are way more happy owners than one might think....
Exactly. Met a gentleman who bought a used 15 post AEM with 119,000 miles and loves his truck. Raved about power and economy.

He sums up what vast majority of 'NON Forum' owners experience driving one of these. Even if mine burns down I remain thankful RAM and FIAT finally put a diesel in a 1/2 ton PU.

For the 'diesel is dying' crowd I am also thankful to read about the 3.0 slotted for the Tahoe and Suburban. Seems DJT is allowing the free market to dictate once again demand will create supply....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Exactly. Met a gentleman who bought a used 15 post AEM with 119,000 miles and loves his truck. Raved about power and economy.

He sums up what vast majority of 'NON Forum' owners experience driving one of these. Even if mine burns down I remain thankful RAM and FIAT finally pit a diesel in a 1/2 ton PU.

For the 'diesel is dying' crown I am also thankful to read about the 3.0 slotted for the Tahoe and Suburban. Seems DJT is allowing the free market to dictate once again demand will create supply....
I agree 200%.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ain't no recalls being done on my 2014. No EGR left, full delete completed...there is zero need for a dealer at this point. Just getting ready to do front and rear brake pads.

Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk
Forgot to mention my brakes were re-done at around 25,000 miles. Truck would pulsate when tapping the brakes. Perhaps from sitting around not being driven one of the front calipers was frozen and the rotor warped. Replaced the frozen caliper, a more heavy duty set of front rotors, and new pads all around. Braked like a dream after that. Was done by a trustworthy mechanic shop I know, the dealer couldn't identify or diagnose the reason for the pulsation when braking, they actually said "wait until it gets worse and bring it in again then so we can figure it out"!

2015 Laramie Ram Boxes, AEM, 34,000 miles

·
Registered
34 Posts
Everything I read is doom and gloom about their ED. Engines blowing, leaking coolant etc etc.
Any owner been happy with their truck? Sound off. State, miles, year or truck.

Troll.....Stupid question.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Really?? Why don't you go over to the Ferrari forum and ask if anybody likes their Ferrari? Case in point. You're response was as stupid as the original question.
Go back to farmers.com and let the grown folks talk. On your way out use google to understand the English language. Hint.... you’re and your

·
Registered
845 Posts
Troll.....Stupid question.
I don't understand why you would disrupt a thread with a flame. If you think it's a stupid question why not join the conversation and tell us why you think it's stupid? All you have accomplished is hate and discontent, or is that what you wanted? If so bug off, you are not wanted.

·
Super Moderator
4,145 Posts
Troll ..... Stupid answer.
Really?? Why don't you go over to the Ferrari forum and ask if anybody likes their Ferrari? Case in point. You're response was as stupid as the original question.
@97hmcs wasn't asking when he stated: "Let's play nice"

as a reminder of forum rule #3:
Personal attacks (Flaming, Name Calling) on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.

·
Administrator
8,564 Posts
A couple quotes from GDE:

Green Diesel is still open, however we are only selling in 194 countries out of 195. No more sales in the US due to EPA incursions.

GDE is in the process of certifying the Ram application with CARB now. We should have an EO within a few months. We will be the first and only certified aftermarket engine and transmission ecm tunes on this application.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I'm guessing
A couple quotes from GDE:

Green Diesel is still open, however we are only selling in 194 countries out of 195. No more sales in the US due to EPA incursions.

GDE is in the process of certifying the Ram application with CARB now. We should have an EO within a few months. We will be the first and only certified aftermarket engine and transmission ecm tunes on this application.
I can only guess, but a tune that complies with CARB is unlikely to include shutting off the EGR.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2016 ED Laramie 71,000. Bought it 2 months ago. Loved the Truck until I found out about all the ED problems. I have a recurring 3 way coolant valve CEL. I have a Code a reader so I reset the code a couple times a week. Tried to find a replacement valve at my local AZ Store but they had no idea and couldn’t find it in their system. Is this a Dealer only item? Also has any one tried the HD Diesel Supply Tune since the GDE is no longer available?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not the airbags really rather the compressor system, it's a semi sealed system vacuumed then nitrogen charged tank but it's atmospherically vented so it draws in moisture, then corrodes the compressor and valve Body, leaking etc. When it gets cold and ices up in the winter the valve Body doesn't seal and blows the compressor fuse, drops the front onto bump stops and it's a rough ride to a garage for a full thaw and new fuse. Hopefully it works sometimes it's gay for weeks. I can't put mine into the garage to thaw or it trips balls and I want to drive it off a cliff. Outside full time and it's usually fine. But I tow regularly in winter and need the air to Work no matter what
Whats wrong with the airbags in the winter?

81 - 100 of 106 Posts