RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2016 Big Horn with about 48K miles on it. Bought it new. Totally stock. It's been in the shop several times with the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" message, and then at about 44K miles started leaking coolant. After several visits to the dealer, they decided the Head Gaskets needed to be replaced. 2 Months latter, I got my truck back with 2 completely new heads. Had them do the AEM at that time. Been running fine since.

I have the Mopar 7 year 100k extended warranty. I think when it gets close to the end of the warranty, I will replace the truck with something else. I love driving the truck, but don't want to get stuck with a huge expense, after the warranty expires.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How was the performance in the mountains? Struggle in the hills? Get hot? Lack of power ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually I didn't have any issues with the SKT tune. There's no way I would have attempted it with the stock AEM.
Truck pulled the hills in 6/7th gear with a few 3000rpm runs up steep inclines. I just dropped back to 60 and let her cruise. On the flats I was running 8th gear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2018 with 12k miles. Minor issues. Radio delaminating. And now with an egr recall I’m waiting for part to arrive at dealer. I love the truck. I live in Miami. Arrived in Savannah with a half tank of fuel. (65mph). I love my big horn. Wish I had leather seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 106 of 106 Posts