RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed AEM on my stock ECM, and the spare ECM with GDE tune is sitting on the shelf.
1st of all, this updated software sucks, truck is definitely slower, almost no power below 1,500 rpms.
So, I'm wondering if there's a "newer version of GDE tune" since I purchased mine back in August of 2016?
I tried calling GDE twice and only got to voicemail...
Basically my question is: should I send my spare ECM with GDE tune for an update, or there's no difference since AEM fix and I should just swap it back in and continue enjoying benefits of the tune?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,524 Posts
There have been updates to the tune. The way I understand it GDE takes the latest FCA tune as it has been updated periodically by FCA and works their magic on it.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
They've likely updated it since then, but they would know for sure. Keep trying to reach them.

It's important to get your tuned ECM updated because it'll have the post-AEM part number. Any return visits to the dealer will show the correct part number and not trigger them to want to update it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 2 ECMs
Original one got AEM update and has a label now...
The second ECM with GDE tune on it has never been to a dealer for obvious reasons, so I don't think there is a way for me to do an AEM update for it since dealer already did my truck and has it in the system.
Am I stuck with an old GDE tune forever now ? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
2,524 Posts
I have 2 ECMs
The second ECM with GDE tune on it has never been to a dealer for obvious reasons, so I don't think there is a way for me to do an AEM update for it since dealer already did my truck and has it in the system.

Call or email GDE and ask the experts.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I have 2 ECMs
No, They will update it for you for $50. It would have any performance upgrades they've done since your last tune and it will show a post-AEM part number for the tune.

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
Only thing different on my new GDE from the old one before the AEM was I somehow lost my turbo braking. If there is a difference in operation it is not something I could detect.

Yes, contact GDE but in the meantime stop running on that AEM dirty tune and get you old GDE back in. NOW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts