RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I think they may be different... they are both one piece for sure...

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am sure they are the same. Ask the supplier or manufacturer to clarify. Post a pic, if you decide to install.

·
Registered
213 Posts
How much and what is their contact information? web-site? Do they just make one style for the Ram or would they make a shorter one that would allow room to also install the tow hooks? Similar to what a GM Denali pickup would have.

Reactions: JohnRam

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can confirm it's the same lower bumper. Here is the lower half of the EG Classics lower bumper insert, their chrome heavy mesh. As you can see it matches nicely the Limited upper bumper. I think it completes the front end look. I thought the original black insert at bottom was missing something. This insert covers over the lower insert. Have to drill 8 homes in that black insert. Then chime studs slide through, bolt from behind. The mesh is actually chrome metal not plastic. It is nicely made.

Then, I installed the new Philips LED DRL light guide. They are expensive at $200 amazon, but extremely well made, aluminum housing. I used a hot knife to create holes in the stock black insert so that DRL would sit flush from front. I bought cheap "L" brackets to wrap from behind the light to front, and grab the front of insert. Just enough room between light and new mesh insert. Gives clean look.

These lights come with auto dim lights, when headlight comes on they dim 50%. According to Philips they are legal because of this

The last pic is dimmed. The second to last pic is full bright. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404515477.015870.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404515496.584277.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404515513.981599.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404515527.948431.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404515547.547980.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404515561.099759.jpg

·
Registered
275 Posts
Really like that look!!! Is your truck white or silver? How difficult are both installations? I'm nervous about cutting into a new truck and screwing up the electric..

·
Registered
213 Posts
That looks really sharp. Where did you order the grille from and what did it cost, if you don't mind me asking? Do you have a part number.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I looked on the internet and see an Auto Accessory Warehouse in San Bernadino, Calif. is that the one you ordered from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This week I was trying to find this bumper insert/grill and had no luck no matter where I called. Auto Accessory Warehouse is closed for business and no other retailer/e-tailer will sell only the lower part.

However, with extensive digging I found Overkill Fabrication and I really like the look/quality of their products since they are CNC steel made in the USA. They are competitively price compared to the E&G classics aluminum one and have a few options.

I think this is a newer product on their website, as the links and product page for these specific grilles are quite messed up, so I would recommend contacting them directly by email or FB messenger.

For polished stainless steel it ran me $325 shipped. A hair pricey, but it should be really good quality.

https://www.overkillfab.com/dodge-grilles-okf

4th_gen_1500_grille12.png

4th_1500_combo.jpg

invoice.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts