RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Like most of you, I was originally told, I could order my truck last October 17th, and would be in before the end of the year. (lol)

Anyway... since they were so late with the real release date... I did not order a truck, and was going to take what the dealers got in. The reason was, we were told they would be at the dealers before the end of Feb, and this month's deals were good.

Before I go and just order one (since customer's trucks will be build before dealer stock) I want to know if there was anyone with a confirmation that some of the "pre-spec" trucks were being shipped. Basically, if I can get a VIN, the dealer said we could lock in this month's deals.

Thanks for any info you have.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I believe some diesels are being shipped about now but won't arrive at dealers until March. That was reported weeks ago. What kind of deals are you wanting to lock in?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There is $8100 in rebates in pa on a bighorn, crew, 4wd, 5'7" bed. Add that to dealer "help" and my trade... we are looking at being down to $20k financed.

At this point... I'm thinking that Ram held the shipping so all the current offers would fall off, since they didn't spec engine type\size.

I know that there is a rumor that they are in transit, but I've talked with a bunch of the high volume dealers around Pittsburgh, and none of them have a vin, or cut sheet on a pre-spec ecodiesel that is inbound. (but they have info on gas trucks that are in transit) That's why I was looking for a solid confirmation. I figure if there was.... I would go pound on the desk of the buyer until he made the calls to find out.

I hope I'm not coming off harsh, but I've been willing to buy one since the end of last summer, and I didn't want to have to put $$$ into my truck to pass a state inspection, just to trade it in. (i'll need tires and brakes to pass this year) if they don't show up soon... it will cost me ~$800 that I wont get back when I trade it in.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Dr. Honda, I have had a hard time finding firm information about incentives in PA. Where did you find 8,000? I can only find 3000.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
There is $8100 in rebates in pa on a crew, 4wd, 5'7" bed. Add that to dealer "help" and my trade... we are looking at being down to $20k financed.

At this point... I'm thinking that Ram held the shipping so all the current offers would fall off, since they didn't spec engine type\size.

I know that there is a rumor that they are in transit, but I've talked with a bunch of the high volume dealers around Pittsburgh, and none of them have a vin, or cut sheet on a pre-spec ecodiesel that is inbound. (but they have info on gas trucks that are in transit) That's why I was looking for a solid confirmation. I figure if there was.... I would go pound on the desk of the buyer until he made the calls to find out.

I hope I'm not coming off harsh, but I've been willing to buy one since the end of last summer, and I didn't want to have to put $$$ into my truck to pass a state inspection, just to trade it in. (i'll need tires and brakes to pass this year) if they don't show up soon... it will cost me ~$800 that I wont get back when I trade it in.
$8100 in rebates? That is quite a deal as it is below employee pricing. It must involve some rebates outside of Chrysler but most of those should be good any month. The current Chrysler incentive is $2500 for a crew cab; who knows what it will be in March or April. I highly doubt that shipments were delayed because of the incentive.

I'm afraid you will have to wait for the diesel as we all have been doing. The timing with inspection of your existing truck is unfortunate.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
As I recall, it was...

$3600 package discount
$500 auto show
$1500 Chrysler finance
$1000 trade assist
$1500 ..... can't remember, (dealer cash, or cash allowance) and it's no longer on Ram's web site. But, when I saw the deal, it was good to 3-3-14.

BUT... at this point, it's moot.

I just got a confirmation from SPP on ramforumz that NO ecodiesel's have been shipped yet. (he's on the inside somehow) Dodge decided that they didn't want any to be on the dealer floors until March. The official word is "they are still staged in QA". So, I'm going to assume, my suspicions are right. The deals wont be as good next month since it wont be truck month and the big car shows will be done.

Oh... and you watch... any deals next month will be listed as "excluding ecodiesel".

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
...... The timing with inspection of your existing truck is unfortunate.
Yep... it sucks. I have several motorcycles, and if it was warmer... I would let the inspection expire, and ride a bike. But it's not worth getting caught with an expired inspection, because then I would pay for the inspection, tires, brakes, and the ticket .

As before... I'm not trying to be harsh or grumpy. I'm just getting tired of the hurry up and wait BS they are giving us.

It seems like the last few vehicles I sold had near new tires on them.... so, it's a little personal at this point too.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
... I'm not trying to be harsh or grumpy. I'm just getting tired of the hurry up and wait BS they are giving us.
Right there with you. It's been a long, annoying trip. Communications is not Ram's strong suit.

Dilbert_communications.jpg

On the plus side, I've gotten to know some of the people here better while we all wait and speculate. If I had the truck last year as originally expected I would probably be out using it instead of on the forum!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. It is scheduled to be built on 3/16. My Brother works for Chrysler and is trying to move the production up. The issue is that since it is a first generation build, it may not be possible. I should have it in my driveway by about 3/25 at the longest

1 - 10 of 10 Posts