RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just received my 2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, its a crew cab 6'4" box (rambox) in crystal grey metallic and I figured I'd create a thread to follow my additions and changes. So follow along, comments and questions are encouraged :)

_DSC8871.jpg _DSC8876.jpg _DSC8879.jpg _DSC8886.jpg _DSC8887.jpg _DSC8889.jpg _DSC8896.jpg _DSC8899.jpg _DSC8900.jpg _DSC8903.jpg _DSC8904.jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sofar the list of mods to install include:

-Weathertech Floor mats
-Weathertech In channel Vent Visors
-RetroShop HID kits for Low beams and fogs
-20" Rigid LED Light bar
-Bilstein 5100's to get her level

And maybe some slightly larger tires ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to steal some time between moving the lawn, working on the house and visiting friends/family this weekend to get the vent visors and HID's installed! I forgot to take much in the way of photo's of the installation, the hardest part was finding mounting points for all the relays, resistors and ballasts! its tight but once all the wires were tucked back in i have lights that not only look great (why didn't we get this from factory??) but let me see at night!! I took the truck out for a spin last night and slightly adjusted the headlight aim (its was off just slightly and my OCD kicked in! :p) and grabbed a couple of pictures!

I ran the wiring and built a harness for the LED light bar while I was under/in the truck but I'm having ti figure out a mount since rigid has nothing for a 2014 Ram... Luckily I have friends with a full CNC machine shop and a plasma cutter table ;)

_DSC8907.jpg _DSC8912.jpg _DSC8915.jpg

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
What's the easiest way to tell if your headlights are off? And to go along with that what's the easiest layman way to aim them? Thanks

Did you do projectors in the bottom? And highs did. U leave them stock?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not install projectors in the fogs... Down the road I may do a proper HID retrofit in both the headlights and fogs with actuall HID Projector lenses. High beams are left as stock halogens, the warmup time means an HID highbeam would be near useless to me, plus with the projector lifting the shutter on highbeam I still get the extra light from the lows...

My headlights were slightly too far mismatched for height, if you pull up to a vertical wall in a flat parking lot (about 20-25' back) you'll easily be able to see where your projector hotspots land... It's normal for the passenger side to look slightly higher, but mine were way out so I brought both lights in towards the middle ground...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Cool thanks for the tips on levelling!

Philups makes a 5K diamond white halogen that matches dead nuts your low beams hid's if you care about high and lows matching at least is colour... I think they are like 40 bucks or so a pair as well

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I wish I'd thought of that, I'm not going to pull the headlights and everything again to do it though :p next time I have to do any wiring I'll keep it in mind though!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW! Most people just cut the grass...you know, run the mower over it. Guess that's not your style. So in moving this lawn, did you take it to the salon for a trim? Or did you just toss it over the fence for the neighbor to deal with? ;)
Sometimes I hate autocorrect on this damn phone... The way that damn grass grows I wish I could just toss it over the fence and let the neighbour deal with it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rigid SR2 20" LED lightbar installed today, pictures incoming... I'm hesitant to start pulling the dash apart to drill holes for the switches though! Time to man up, can't keep running it with a switch hanging off the end of the wires in the footwell...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I was feeling the same thing drilling into the back of the headlight housings lol. Next project is to rip apart the dash and fish the driver and passenger seats to install dvd players for the family and a lock pick

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I wonder if there is a way to change the colour of the running lights to that nice white like the new durangos have?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Glad you finally got your truck. If you haven't purchased your Weathertech floor mats yet, you might want to check out the Maxpider 3D mats. I think they are much nicer than Weathertechs. I purchased them for my Limited. $104 each set for front 2 piece and rear one pc. at a Custom Truck Parts store. I think Costco also handle them now.
Sharp looking truck.
A fellow BC'er.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad you finally got your truck. If you haven't purchased your Weathertech floor mats yet, you might want to check out the Maxpider 3D mats. I think they are much nicer than Weathertechs. I purchased them for my Limited. $104 each set for front 2 piece and rear one pc. at a Custom Truck Parts store. I think Costco also handle them now.
Sharp looking truck.
A fellow BC'er.
Allready have the weathertechs sitting here but I may return them... black mats just dont look right in the light frost/canyon brown interior :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On another note... Pictures and video of the LED Light bar! Its a rigid 20" SR2 with the driving optics, I chose to mount it just below where the chrome bumper and plastic valance join, I drilled a couple of holes through the joint managing to get a piece of bumper for rigidity! I need to get some different bolts for mounting the bracket, but it all works :) no i just have to grow some balls and drill for a switch on my dash somewhere!

_DSC8935.jpg _DSC8938.jpg _DSC8944.jpg

And a (windy on my part) video of everything in action...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We'll, I pulled apart my console and mounted my switch, measure twice and drill once right? not a great fealing drilling a brand new $50K Truck!

The switch is from SuperBrightLEDs (LED Indicator Push Button Switch | Switches | Switches, Dimmers, & Relays | Installation/Power Supplies/Misc | Super Bright LEDs), i went with chrome and a white backlight, it blends in nicely with the laramie chrome trim and I tied it in with the dash lights for illumination, it dims nicely just like everything else! Next trip home from work (off to the rigs again in the AM) i'll get some blue nail polish and give the led ring a slight hit to try to match the dash lights a little closer... There is TONS of room under the center console if anyone was wondering!

_DSC8946.jpg _DSC8948.jpg _DSC8951.jpg _DSC8953.jpg

·
Registered
145 Posts
Beautiful truck. I was on the fence, but your pics sold me on the beige interior with the charcoal exterior! Very nice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Beautiful truck. I was on the fence, but your pics sold me on the beige interior with the charcoal exterior! Very nice.
Yea, I wasnt sure when i ordered it, i figured i might regret it but the other option was black on black which was way too boring... I'm glad I got the Light Frost/Canyon Brown, it looks better in person!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yea, I wasnt sure when i ordered it, i figured i might regret it but the other option was black on black which was way too boring... I'm glad I got the Light Frost/Canyon Brown, it looks better in person!
It looks amazing in the Laramie trims, but I did not like it at all in the lower trims, too much dark brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Your installation looks very professional - well done. How did you take the console apart?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts