RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news! My truck arrived. Order was placed on 2/10, and was delivered withing two months, as promised. I was getting really anxious listening to all of you carry on about factory problems, etc. All worked out, and I feel lucky as availability still seems to be an issue. I probably owe my dealer an apology for being so anxious about it. I think mine is the first they've had in stock...as it was the only one they customer ordered. The other was a stock order.

Bad news, I'm not home now...so the wait continues...

My buddies have offered to take it for a test drive for me...no thank you!

:(

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just got word that my truck is being off loaded from the train and available for pick up tomorrow. I ordered 2/11.

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
Good Jason.

Mine came in while I was out of town also. Sales manager refused to allow anyone but their set-up crew to test-ride it. I even allowed it but he refused anyone, salesmen or customers, from taking test rides.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well I called today was told my truck is built. After added features are done. Goes QC and inspection department and will be give a delivery date. Last week they said it was on the assembly line but had no clue where it was. That didn't make sense. So I call back and I find out its still in D1 status waiting to be built. So in a couple days in will be done. I will believe when I see it. Don't know who to believe. Order truck on 2/12/14 . Looks like guys that order them around that time are getting there trucks. Lets hope for the best.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats. Where do you live?
Northwest Illinois. Probably came through Chicago via truck. Mine was started on a Tuesday and ready for shipment Wednesday according to VOTS. Doesn't look like it went through QC, so feeling good about that. As someone who used to manage several assembly lines, I appreciate this.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
So you are saying If a truck is held in QC it has issues??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No...just means (to me anyhow), they it went down the line without any problems. The fact that they put them in QA/QC (whatever), tells me they give a damn about producing a good product. It's not bad...that's a good thing. In some respects, it'll get a better looking over...I'm just glad that I was able to skate through problem free and get 'er on a truck. Don't panic, Chris.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just drove home after picking mine up. So far Im amazed with what they put in the interior of a pickup truck. Pure luxury. I got the Laramie package.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts