RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.jpg
Told the wife it was having its first BM she said your kidding me.
We were driving through town and I told her we couldn't go home till it finished.she knows I'm a nut after 40yrs.
I got on the highway so it could finish I didn't want it getting all over the city streets.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is another thread on regeneration. Lots of good comparative information for you.
I guess I should have posted in there. I just thought it was funny how the wife reacted had to share. I knew it was going to happen sometime.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What happens if you shut off the engine before the process is complete? I'm assuming that's okay, does the process continue once the engine is restarted?

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
You can shut it off. It will continue later.

I did a detailed picture report on that. Think it took about 12 miles from start to finish. That's the only time I saw it do that and my take is the speeds were slow and runs were short.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've gotten to 2700 mi, and still haven't seen a legit regen.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I'm over 3200km now still nothing...(does towing delay the regen?)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Come to think of it I spent a lot of time idling and taking wife shopping before it started. Sometimes that triggers me too.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'm over 3200km now still nothing...(does towing delay the regen?)
Towing on the highway will build heat, and help keep the DPF clean.

I haven't don't any long trip yet... but I've done a bunch of 20 mi shots on the highway. I guess I've done enough passive regent to keep it clean. I think Captain had his first at 500 mi.

·
Registered
132 Posts
10000 km and no official on screen regen, however I have put 3 2.5gal jugs of DEF in the tank. I am on the highway a lot so I am assuming it happens without telling me:confused:

·
Registered
107 Posts
the 08 6.7l cummins I just destroyed only did it once in 178k miles. if you don't do short trips and let it get really heat soaked before you shut it down you shouldn't get that message. if you take lots of short trips you will soot it up and need to regen it. I drive 120 miles each way to work so mine stays soot free and clean.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
image.jpg
200 miles and it needed to go again. On the way to the store and it told me it wanted to go again so off to the highway we go. Got back with the milk, wife says where you been? I told her the truck needed to go, told her it's like having a dog.

·
Registered
940 Posts
How long does the dump take?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
How long does the dump take?
There is a direct correlation between length of dump and amount of chicken wings consumed the night before.. lol

Reactions: DataRider
1 - 17 of 17 Posts