RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's been brutal, the lag is scary especially when trying to merge into a busy intersection. I just tried to order up ECUs from GDE but they said they can no longer sell them due to recent EPA changes...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, I believe you have to email them directly for the transmission tune (obd2 port device). If you buy both maybe they'll give you a discount.

You will love your truck after getting tuned

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
No software update for Egr cooler but make no mistake, if there is any outstanding ECU update your dealer will try to force it in you so talk to you service manager and make it clear to him you don't wish to update your ECM . Otherwise they will do all outstanding software updates and castrate your (engine 🤪)power delivery in the process. And there is no going back..... I have tried.
Their is a company out their that makes a OBD2 cover with a lock that can be installed to prevent this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My ram is at the dealer and they are renting me a truck on tell it's fixed or replace.call 1800-456-2001 in canada for help.great to deal with.could not ask for more

·
Registered
98 Posts
My ram is at the dealer and they are renting me a truck on tell it's fixed or replace.call 1800-456-2001 in canada for help.great to deal with.could not ask for more
Same, my ED has been at the dealer for 13 days. They tried to put me into a baseline ram, but I told them I want same trim level as my Laramie, so they worked with Enterprise and was able to get me into a 2020 Hemi. The employee pricing they are running is pretty tempting though, it's my understanding that you can combine the employee pricing with current dealer markdowns for 12-18K savings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yea, according to the recall acknowledgement, "The recall is expected to begin December 13, 2019. Owners may contact 1- Chrysler customer service at 800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is VB1."
There is no solution for a long term fix.

·
Registered
89 Posts
my wife read the letter FCA sent with the recall. She came in the door demanding I get rid of the truck since they have no solution yet. My truck carries a 1 year old a 3 year old, and a 9 year old every day.

·
Registered
98 Posts
my wife read the letter FCA sent with the recall. She came in the door demanding I get rid of the truck since they have no solution yet. My truck carries a 1 year old a 3 year old, and a 9 year old every day.
She's not wrong to be worried... FCA really shit the bed on this one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My wife was the principle driver with our Eco. Now she is scared of it since it failed and stranded her on an expressway. It was our baby-hauler too; now what?

·
Registered
98 Posts
My wife was the principle driver with our Eco. Now she is scared of it since it failed and stranded her on an expressway. It was our baby-hauler too; now what?
I took my ED to a local dealer, they promptly put me in a matching trim level 2020 while they figure this stuff out, I suggest you do the same. Get into a gas engine and put miles on their trucks. There is a rumor that they are going to try to implement a temporary fix until January when a permanent fix is supposed to be available, but I don't think I will do that. I don't want the truck back with a bandaid that could make things worse, but they have already had my truck for 17 days, another 30 and I will qualify for a buy-back (in theory).

·
Registered
89 Posts
I usually stick with trucks until the wheels fall off and I really do enjoy the Eco Diesel, but what's the chances of them issuing a buy back or do you think if they would do that they would have done it by now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I usually stick with trucks until the wheels fall off and I really do enjoy the Eco Diesel, but what's the chances of them issuing a buy back or do you think if they would do that they would have done it by now.
I was hoping to do the same with my 2014, it's almost paid off. I have no idea how this is going to play out, in the meantime I am going to just drive the wheels off this 2020.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wonder how this will impact value/the ability to trade in until this is resolved?
It's gone down. Also I talked to a dealer about a trade-in and he said it'll fetch bottom dollar at best because there is no timeline when can can get parts to fix the fire recall, and they can't sell it while it's open.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's gone down. Also I talked to a dealer about a trade-in and he said it'll fetch bottom dollar at best because there is no timeline when can can get parts to fix the fire recall, and they can't sell it while it's open.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I think all of this sucks for us now, but will pay huge when we are compensated via FCA on their own or through a class action lawsuit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got a check engine light today, called the dealer, took it in to have that checked, I brought up the recall and the tech said they would look at my truck and call me later today. They have not called yet, but they are open for another 1.5 hours. We'll see what they say. I just got my check for 3025 bucks last week due to the law suit. Mine too is paid off and with the additional 4 yr/48K mile warranty on top of the original, I was planning to keep this truck and drive it for 4 more years. Will be interesting to see what comes out of this. I have been happy with the truck. Great mileage and I have had zero issues. I was planning to drive from DC to Ga. for xmas in 2 weeks, looks like I might be doing it in a loaner. I also have a car, but screw that! I'll put miles on a loaner, hopefully!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got a check engine light today, called the dealer, took it in to have that checked, I brought up the recall and the tech said they would look at my truck and call me later today. They have not called yet, but they are open for another 1.5 hours. We'll see what they say. I just got my check for 3025 bucks last week due to the law suit. Mine too is paid off and with the additional 4 yr/48K mile warranty on top of the original, I was planning to keep this truck and drive it for 4 more years. Will be interesting to see what comes out of this. I have been happy with the truck. Great mileage and I have had zero issues. I was planning to drive from DC to Ga. for xmas in 2 weeks, looks like I might be doing it in a loaner. I also have a car, but screw that! I'll put miles on a loaner, hopefully!
Yep, everyone should demand a loaner, at least the same trim level as the truck you had to turn in for their "fixes". I'd also suggest we don't take the temporary fix, it could compound and worsen the issue as it will have undergone very little field testing etc. We should wait until the permanent fix is in place. I suspect within the next 2 years we will be getting another check if they don't buy back the trucks.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts