RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ugh, Just bought a 2016, however I was totally unaware of this issue until the overheat light came on 5km away from the dealer I bought it from. 2hrs freezing on the side of the highway waiting for a tow with a child wasn't my idea of a great start with my new to me truck. After speaking with the local ram dealer he informed me that it shouldn't have been sold to me with the outstanding recall. Estimated time to even look at it is 2 weeks, was informed that its likely the EGR and they would replace it with another possibly defective EGR until the recall fix is available. He did however off the record tell me that if were him he would just consider a delete..LOL. I realize I could demand to give it back for a refund seeing as though it didn't even make it home, However, I do really like the truck and I need it for work. So with 68000k on it I'm actually considering just doing the delete and voiding the warranty and taking it to my own trusted mechanic to do the work instead of these crazy 2 week waiting periods at Chrysler. for now I'll wait it out and see what the recall brings. Big thanks to everyone on this thread. Loads of information from fellow diesel fanatics. Much appreciated

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ugh, Just bought a 2016, however I was totally unaware of this issue until the overheat light came on 5km away from the dealer I bought it from. 2hrs freezing on the side of the highway waiting for a tow with a child wasn't my idea of a great start with my new to me truck. After speaking with the local ram dealer he informed me that it shouldn't have been sold to me with the outstanding recall. Estimated time to even look at it is 2 weeks, was informed that its likely the EGR and they would replace it with another possibly defective EGR until the recall fix is available. He did however off the record tell me that if were him he would just consider a delete..LOL. I realize I could demand to give it back for a refund seeing as though it didn't even make it home, However, I do really like the truck and I need it for work. So with 68000k on it I'm actually considering just doing the delete and voiding the warranty and taking it to my own trusted mechanic to do the work instead of these crazy 2 week waiting periods at Chrysler. for now I'll wait it out and see what the recall brings. Big thanks to everyone on this thread. Loads of information from fellow diesel fanatics. Much appreciated
You will need to make sure the delete doesn't affect your ability to get it smogged or registered (a problem here in California). I'm not sure what will happen if you do a delete and a lawsuit or buy back occurs, if they see the truck has been modded it may affect your outcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thats what i'm afraid of, here in Ontario, Canada the emission testing has been scraped. I have 30k left on the powertrain warranty however I'm torn because I feel like every day I drive it, I could just be adding to a shortened engine life. For now I'll wait it out. But I'll be fast to pull trigger if nothing comes of this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I assume I should be contacting a lawyer ASAP? My 2016 below... This is insane. I usually have 3 kids in car seats, but luckily they weren’t in here when this happened. I’m still registered in their system and received the recall by mail. This is unreal.

·
Registered
12,651 Posts
I assume I should be contacting a lawyer ASAP? My 2016 below... This is insane. I usually have 3 kids in car seats, but luckily they weren’t in here when this happened. I’m still registered in their system and received the recall by mail. This is unreal.
View attachment 84445
View attachment 84446
That was back in August.

What has happened since?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Yeah , as Captain said , things have changed since August 27th ,
FCA has recognised the responsability of the EGR cooler failure being linked
to trucks catching on fire .
here is an image of my Canadian EGR recall letter :
CdnDiesel , did you get yours in the mail ???

·
Registered
720 Posts
CdnDiesel , did you get yours in the mail ??? View attachment 84450
Hi: Kazimodo... I got mine too!!! No parts... no hurry. It may burn up in the mean time.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Recall states it will start Dec 13th. Friday the 13th. Can we get all ED owners to call FCA on that date!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
We should all start taking our trucks to the dealership and just park them. It would become a nightmare for them trying to move inventory around since most don't have much parking to begin with.
reminds me -A hotel valet drove another customers car across the side of my rental. After waiting for a long time for the manager, I moved the rental car to block the entrance.

Would be a Public Relations nightmare if groups of people planned this correctly. Most tv stations have a consumer reporter who would love to video record 15 trucks driving in convey into a dealership and blocking the access road to the dealership.

·
Registered
14 Posts
CdnDiesel , did you get yours in the mail ??? View attachment 84450
Yes, just received it in the mail yesterday. I’m still in awe, after your vehicle burns to the ground, and their response is as per above. Unreal....
Insurance has hired a fire investigator, I sent him this yesterday and he couldn’t believe it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
FCA Canada issues recall for EGR cooler with no replacement part available and no remedy for the problem.
Hmmm , this recall may take a while....

81 - 100 of 107 Posts