RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I spoke with FCA Canada this morning, basically they told me that they have done all they can do, issue the recall and currently they are working on a fix. In the meantime those of us that have our trucks sitting at the dealerships are just supposed to wait for the repair that hasn't even been designed. After speaking to the service staff today it seems like these things are being dropped off at the dealerships an a daily basis. Im sure if this drags on those of us that can stick it out are in for some kind of settlement.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Not having a fix is not surprising. If you eliminated the EPA maybe the Italians could come up with something but pretty sure it will not improve this engine.

After finding out that I was not sold a GDE ECM I’m in a different boat.

I just filled a complaint with the NHTSA Service Desk regarding the EGR recall
Lag and mileage drop. They do investigate these complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I spoke with FCA this morning. They said the recall
I spoke with FCA Canada this morning, basically they told me that they have done all they can do, issue the recall and currently they are working on a fix. In the meantime those of us that have our trucks sitting at the dealerships are just supposed to wait for the repair that hasn't even been designed. After speaking to the service staff today it seems like these things are being dropped off at the dealerships an a daily basis. Im sure if this drags on those of us that can stick it out are in for some kind of settlement.
When I spoke with FCA today they said the recall makes no mention of not driving your truck...just that you should notify dealership if coolant levels are low.

She seemed to make it sound like I would be choosing not to drive the vehicle (mine is losing coolant - dealer told me to call FCA for remedy) and the down time wouldn't count toward the 30 day buyback clause.

·
Registered
346 Posts

When I spoke with FCA today they said the recall makes no mention of not driving your truck...just that you should notify dealership if coolant levels are low.

She seemed to make it sound like I would be choosing not to drive the vehicle (mine is losing coolant - dealer told me to call FCA for remedy) and the down time wouldn't count toward the 30 day buyback clause.
I think the lawyers need to hear that.

·
Registered
101 Posts

The downtime wouldn't count towards the buy back clause? Based on what?

According to this LA Times article: https://www.latimes.com/business/la-xpm-2012-sep-30-la-fi-five-lemon-20120930-story.html

Manufacturers are allowed a “reasonable” number of repair attempts before a car is branded a lemon. This is generally defined as four attempts, but in the case of potentially life-threatening problems, such as faulty brakes, they get only two tries. Also, if the vehicle has been in the shop for more than 30 days (not necessarily in a row) and is still not fixed you’re entitled to seek a replacement or refund.
I think our EDs being able to spontaneously combust is considered a "life-threatening" problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think the lawyers need to hear that.

This is where the waters get muddy....FCA keeps quoting the recall and I keep steering them to the AEM warranty...do the AEM lawyers need to hear this?

I don't care that there isn't a fix for the recall, I care that a part covered under the warranty has failed.

Put in a 40K OEM EGR until the fix is ready!

·
Registered
346 Posts
This is where the waters get muddy....FCA keeps quoting the recall and I keep steering them to the AEM warranty...do the AEM lawyers need to hear this?

I don't care that there isn't a fix for the recall, I care that a part covered under the warranty has failed.

Put in a 40K OEM EGR until the fix is ready!
I think the answer to that question is “all the above” need to hear! I’ve stated this before, nothing hurts a dealership more than receiving anything less than a 10 on the question regarding recommendation to someone else.

I’m at the dealership tomorrow for warranty on a Promaster 2500 and will ask again about our recall. Several documents indicate that the recall will start on Friday the 13th.

·
Registered
4 Posts
interesting...i recieved my recall notice 3 weeks ago ....no parts available currently,and likely not for a while.
dont care at the moment,as my truck is running fine (2014 , 78,000km)...i have no coolant issues.since i have no issues,i'll wait ,likely till spring,or if my truck developes a problem.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Yeah
interesting...i recieved my recall notice 3 weeks ago ....no parts available currently,and likely not for a while.
dont care at the moment,as my truck is running fine (2014 , 78,000km)...i have no coolant issues.since i have no issues,i'll wait ,likely till spring,or if my truck developes a problem.
Yeah , just keep an eye on that bottle , it is a barometer of the health of our trucks , for quite a few possible failures ,
good of FCA to put it right in our face , we can't miss it , everytime we open the hood .
(( moved to a new location on the 2020s ))

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think the answer to that question is “all the above” need to hear! I’ve stated this before, nothing hurts a dealership more than receiving anything less than a 10 on the question regarding recommendation to someone else.

I’m at the dealership tomorrow for warranty on a Promaster 2500 and will ask again about our recall. Several documents indicate that the recall will start on Friday the 13th.

Absolutely. The AEM lawyers would love to hear about your predicament. I wouldn't dismiss that opportunity.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts