RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We like the title says, I add these things so far here's some photos to go with it. Only waiting on 2" leveling kit next Thursday.

Chrome Nerf bars 5" oval (took me 30 mins)

20% Tint installed at Tint-N-More

Ram factory mud flaps at a discounted price( the front wouldn't work with the little plastic trim like Cap stated in his thread but It only took about 40 mins to do all 4 wheels)
20140405_083946.jpg
20140405_083924.jpg

Timbren suspension kit (this one took the longest it felt like about a hour maybe less)
20140403_083434_resized.jpg

I think it looks good, What do yall think? Once the leveling kits here I'll add more photos then. Im sure once its on I will probably be adding Tires/wheels.

20140404_134836_resized.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant the little black trim on the bottom of the front fender wall I had to remove it because the mud flap wouldn't line up in the screw holes and bolt flush with the black trim. Now on the back flap it all lined up perfect so I was able to leave that piece and still get the mud flaps on there flush and look great. Front looks fine you wouldn't know I took that piece off if I hadn't of told you.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
What are these "bumps stops" and what exactly do they do?

·
Registered
362 Posts
What are these "bumps stops" and what exactly do they do?
They are rubber/foam like pads that are usually attached to the axel, usually inside the coil springs in the rear, but sometimes mounted elsewhere. The point of them is to cushion hard blows to the suspension, keeps you from bottoming out. The OP upgraded his factory bumps to bigger better bumps. Most likely to go with his leveling kit. This is a common
Upgrade in the jeep/off-road market. Teraflex makes awesome bumpstops for the Jeep wrangler called speed bumps which are a hydrolic bumpstops verses a pad like factor bumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ok thanks. Makes sense

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Anyone out there have some knowledge where i can get some small mud flaps to protect the paint for stones/salt and road debris i want them big enough to protect behind the wheels but inconspicuous enough so you dont really notice them?

Or if there is another way to protect the paint let me know

·
Registered
693 Posts
Some guys have put various clear-bra type materials on the rockers to protect them from flying grit. Not cheap but they say it works.

So what brand/model are the nerf bars that don't interfere with the front mud flaps?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered them off ebay. I put the factory ones up and they was closer to the wheel then I wanted so I sold them on craigslist which they brought more then these cost me on Ebay. Bonus I guess. These cost 160.00 shipped have a year warranty.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I ordered them off ebay. I put the factory ones up and they was closer to the wheel then I wanted so I sold them on craigslist which they brought more then these cost me on Ebay. Bonus I guess. These cost 160.00 shipped have a year warranty.
Can you point me to the auction? There does not seem to be a million kinds of nerf bars being sold on ebay. It's more like a million sellers listing a total of a couple dozen different kinds of bars.

The bars seem sturdy and were reasonably easy to put on?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
13,665 Posts
They look good and unlike mine, don't touch the flaps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts