RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just my 2015 ram 1500 ecodiesel longhorn limited it had 57k I've had the truck for about two weeks now and my CEL light just popped up.
I read the code which is p04DB and I did a little research an found a lot of info about the worst case scenario. I had noticed I was a little low on coolant so I figured I would check my oil too just in case and sure enough I found my missing coolant!!  So my question is could a bad oil cooler be the cause of both the CEL and the coolant in oil problem?

I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow an see what they want to about it! But if it's just the oil cooler causing the issue I'll just get the H&S oil cooler kit and get rid of that problem.

Will the h&s oil cooler kit void factory power train warranty?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well when I checked my oil after work it looked like the dipstick had coolant on it so when I got home I drained the oil. I didn't see any coolant in oil like I thought, maybe just condensation? But oil was still way over full, it went about two inches above the max line. Could that cause CEL light to come on? The oil was also very Airiated an I will check in morning to see if maybe coolant will settle in oil, because I still lost half my reservoir of coolant somewhere?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am going to go ahead and do an engine oil analysis and finish doing an oil change on it. I will also top the fluids off an see what she does over then week or two. I may also pressure test cooling system before adding out to make sure it’s not going in there.
What oil does everyone recommend running in these?
And what coolant do we need to use in these trucks?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I have all the fluids topped off an a oil sample takin ready to be shipped out. I did Get a change to take a video of something else my truck does randomly. The engine while at idle will just randomly start fluttering an sometimes you can even see it on the rpm gauge. Here the video an let me know what you think?
I swear this truck drove great when I t st drove it around ?
https://youtu.be/pMH10K1vEkc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts