RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
This process is doing everything but changing the data in the 2 files that were sent to SFT. I wish the user would have taken a screen shot of the files read before sending and then a screen shot of the SFT files he wrote to the ECM. That would be highly beneficial to comparing it to the GDE tune....IF someone can read those same files and share the screen shot.
The software version is the same before and after SFT tune. They take YOUR current software and modify it. GDE would simply copy a template of an older SW version to any ECU, change the SW to reflect what the vehicle SHOULD be, along with VIN and injector codes.

*with SFT Each and every SW version is unique and the SW is custom tuned for each person's vehicle.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Incorrect, says right on the website "Tunes are illegal to use on public roads".
Hey captain obvious, read every post before you speak. The owner of SFT was on Facebook and social spewing garbage about how his tunes are EPA compliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
19 Posts
The only file I have a copy of is the Trans tune, it has a .usr file extension. I can email the stock and tuned transmission files to anyone who wants to dig through it. The ECM files get Read and sent by Bit Box and I never had a physical copy saved to my computer. I'm sure there is a way to make Bit Box think it's connected to a server.

I don't have those skills, but anyone can download the software from their setup page. Maybe one can modify Bit Box to create a local file?
those .usr files are encrypted. This is part of Alientech's process. You must use a master encoder/decoder to "open" your .usr file and see the stock/after market tunes. Same with GDE, you can't open the .usr file generated by their encoders on any other persons PC than it was created for. You (the client/ "slave") or the "master" encoder/decoder (GDE in this case would have).

·
Banned
19 Posts
Hey captain obvious, read every post before you speak. The owner of SFT was on Facebook and social spewing garbage about how his tunes are EPA compliant.

I read every post; I don't think this is true, why would they be? They're not certified by EPA, no EO from CARB. I've seen the requirements, basically can't increase CO2 by 0.17 in certain instances etc.. So if the guy "de-tuned" the engine, it'd be "complaint" in that sense. Obviously he wasn't talking about THAT.
But what you guys say here makes 0 sense. EGR off and compliant? For the Euro EGR-less versions? Sure?

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I read every post; I don't think this is true, why would they be? They're not certified by EPA, no EO from CARB. I've seen the requirements, basically can't increase CO2 by 0.17 in certain instances etc.. So if the guy "de-tuned" the engine, it'd be "complaint" in that sense. Obviously he wasn't talking about THAT.
But what you guys say here makes 0 sense. EGR off and compliant? For the Euro EGR-less versions? Sure?
I have FB messages to me from Jimmy himself, you know, the guy with the same last name as your username, stating his tunes are EPA compliant. In the same breath he said he took the EcoDiesel tuning market by storm hahahahaha.

So ya, he has claimed EPA compliance with his tunes.

·
Banned
19 Posts

I did read every post
I have FB messages to me from Jimmy himself, you know, the guy with the same last name as your username, stating his tunes are EPA compliant. In the same breath he said he took the EcoDiesel tuning market by storm hahahahaha.

So ya, he has claimed EPA compliance with his tunes.
They're not EPA compliant, regardless of what was said. The fact is they are not. And yes, SFT is the leader for EcoDiesel tunes. Not even 1 year and 90+ % of demand is going to SFT. There's a reason you don't see bad reviews for those using the tuning.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
SFT is the leader for EcoDiesel tunes. Not even 1 year and 90+ % of demand is going to SFT. There's a reason you don't see bad reviews for those using the tuning.
Jimmy, it's because the EPA is slowly taking down the competition. No other reason. Your day will come, hope you're ready.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I did read every post

They're not EPA compliant, regardless of what was said. The fact is they are not. And yes, SFT is the leader for EcoDiesel tunes. Not even 1 year and 90+ % of demand is going to SFT. There's a reason you don't see bad reviews for those using the tuning.
But I've seen lots of bad posts from those using sft. Also you have no where near 90% maybe 15% if that and thats only because your main competition is closed for now. Also creating fake profiles and trooling is one of the reasons your banned from almost every page or forum you've been on, that should tell you something.

·
Registered
133 Posts
those .usr files are encrypted. This is part of Alientech's process. You must use a master encoder/decoder to "open" your .usr file and see the stock/after market tunes. Same with GDE, you can't open the .usr file generated by their encoders on any other persons PC than it was created for. You (the client/ "slave") or the "master" encoder/decoder (GDE in this case would have).

I see you're banned now, but for everyone else...Alientech doesn't own the process to view a .usr file. There are many applications that use/produce .usr files and they can be read fairly easily, for those who know what they are doing.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts