RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D well put money down 2 weeks ago on a bright red big horn cc 4x2 I found in stock at a local dealer but had to wait for my insurance check for my destroyed 08 2500 ctd.. well mailman showed up at 2pm and had it ! blazed a trail to the bank then the dealer to get my truck. left with it 2 hrs later with a smile. drove home across 2 mountains and curvy road 50 miles and showed 26.7mpg. only downside I see is not having the jake brake going down the long hills. other than that this thing is great ! :D

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Congrats on the rig! Be sure to post some pictures!

·
Registered
127 Posts
:D well put money down 2 weeks ago on a bright red big horn cc 4x2 I found in stock at a local dealer but had to wait for my insurance check for my destroyed 08 2500 ctd.. well mailman showed up at 2pm and had it ! blazed a trail to the bank then the dealer to get my truck. left with it 2 hrs later with a smile. drove home across 2 mountains and curvy road 50 miles and showed 26.7mpg. only downside I see is not having the jake brake going down the long hills. other than that this thing is great ! :D
Don't worry the transmission will learn as it goes and begin downshifting on its own. Really not sure how it knows the difference from coasting on the interstate vs gong down a steep grade into town, but it does. Holds back real when in the down shifting process.

·
Registered
940 Posts
New trucks are so much fun. Congrats on the 3D.

·
Registered
13,966 Posts
Good to read you got your truck. Good to hear the transmission is smart. Wish it was telepathic.

Anyone know how to make it dumb? I don't want it to downshift when I let off the throttle. It would be nice if it just coasted at idle engine speed. Now if towing maybe that "tow haul" position could re-teach the thing to downshift.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was so use to letting off the go pedal on steep hills and hearing BURRRR and it slowing itself down. or coming up on another car on the highway and just having to let up on it and never have to touch the brakes. guess I will get used to it in time. I have a feeling I will get good at brake job's living in the mountains .still a great truck

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bright red...pretty rare color. Nicely done. :)
thanks sportsguy ! not real crazy about the brown interior but was lucky to find one on the lot that wasn't white or black. actually just looked at the window sticker and they call it flame red.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts