RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Kentuckydoug , what does the sticker on your EGR say ??

here are images of EGRS posted on the site , so far I can only '' assume ''
the 2111F seems to mean new model , in the past it was 2064F ,
again this is a theory , the new model EGR looks exactly the same as the old ones from the outside .
last image is a 2019 that got a recall EGR before it could be sold .
----
if anyone can confirm this to be wrong ,,, we will need to find another way to tell the difference .
View attachment 86129 View attachment 86130 View attachment 86131 View attachment 86132 View attachment 86133
Unfortunately I never looked at the “interim” fix (68483334AA) one. I can tell you the one just installed in mine about two weeks ago with the part number starting with C (don’t have it handy) says 2111F and the unit has a manufacture date of 2/10/2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
855 Posts
Here's mine. My EGR cooler was an CSNDVB11AB and not an AA

·
Registered
146 Posts
Kentuckydoug , what does the sticker on your EGR say ??

here are images of EGRS posted on the site , so far I can only '' assume ''
the 2111F seems to mean new model , in the past it was 2064F ,
again this is a theory , the new model EGR looks exactly the same as the old ones from the outside .
last image is a 2019 that got a recall EGR before it could be sold .
----
if anyone can confirm this to be wrong ,,, we will need to find another way to tell the difference .
View attachment 86129 View attachment 86130 View attachment 86131 View attachment 86132 View attachment 86133
I dunno just now. I have the part number on the paperwork in the truck. I’ll try and look at it tomorrow if I can.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks Bill-e , 2120 G , that a new sticker I've never seen before (y)
there goes my theory :confused:
I don't know if you noticed but the recall lists CSNDVB11AA as the EGR and then goes on to list CSNDVB11AB as an alternate part. All of the invoices I've seen here show the AA part so maybe the 2120 G is associated with the AB part

·
Registered
41 Posts
We'll I called the dealership today and I was told that I already had this done... ?? WTF... Now back in December 2019 I had to have the EGR replaced because it failed and loosing Coolant like crazy. Now that the newly Designed EGR's are out I'd like to get that done.. But.... Every time I have to deal with RAM Dealership I get high Blood Pressure.. Anyone else hear about this ? Where would the mess up be? Oh the date of the repair was 9 April 2020.. which was the date that recall was announced..

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had mine done today. I took some before and after photo's also. I really can't tell if I got the "updated" version or not. My receipt shows part numbers of CSNDVB11AA.

This is the original EGR

This is the "NEW" EGR.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
interesting old sticker Defuse , '' June 21st 2013 ''fabrication date on it , your truck a 2014 ?
going by theory of date on sticker
the newly installed EGR ' s date is not well visible ,,, ===>> 20 01 15 - 100323 ????
they look exactly similar from outside ,
the inside is more robust , as noted by GDE :
Post # 67 in that thread :
Ecodiesel Fire

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
We'll I called the dealership today and I was told that I already had this done... ?? WTF... Now back in December 2019 I had to have the EGR replaced because it failed and loosing Coolant like crazy. Now that the newly Designed EGR's are out I'd like to get that done.. But.... Every time I have to deal with RAM Dealership I get high Blood Pressure.. Anyone else hear about this ? Where would the mess up be? Oh the date of the repair was 9 April 2020.. which was the date that recall was announced..
Very few '' new design EGRs '' were sent out to dealers before April 9th 2020 , but some were ,
maybe you got one of those ???

·
Registered
41 Posts

Oh I did have one fail Dec 2019 and the part number on the invoice was: 68483334A

New Part Number: ???

·
Registered
781 Posts
Took my truck in yesterday. Dealer told me they are only getting 3 parts in at a time and that FCA will only send them a new part once one is installed. If that's the case, they are dishing these things out like gold. I didn't take a before picture and not sure exactly where to look to take one when I get it back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was scheduled to have my 2018 done today. When I got to the dealership they said that they had received a communication from FCA saying to not put the parts they had into my truck, they were only for the 2014-2016's. They would be back to the dealership with updated parts for the 2018-2019's shortly.

Not sure what this means or if it was just the dealer about to put an older manifold in and realized at the last moment that they had the wrong part.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here's mine. My EGR cooler was an CSNDVB11AB and not an AA
View attachment 86137

Is it possible that this new part number is actually a "KIT" number? Why I Say that? I called RAM Customer care and they told me that this is a Kit Number and that the KIT contains several Parts.. So if you think about the "NEW" part / kit number it includes VB1, which is the recall Notice Number. Maybe the so called Part Number is actually a Number that tracks the Recall number? just a thought. Meanwhile I'm still waiting on verification from the Dealership. Seems they kiss your ass to buy their product but tell you to kiss theirs when it's time for supporting / servicing the vehicle.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Is it possible that this new part number is actually a "KIT" number? Why I Say that? I called RAM Customer care and they told me that this is a Kit Number and that the KIT contains several Parts.. So if you think about the "NEW" part / kit number it includes VB1, which is the recall Notice Number. Maybe the so called Part Number is actually a Number that tracks the Recall number? just a thought. Meanwhile I'm still waiting on verification from the Dealership. Seems they kiss your ass to buy their product but tell you to kiss theirs when it's time for supporting / servicing the vehicle.
Here's their official TSB guideline: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCRIT-19V757-1761.pdf

CSNDVB11AA - "Kit, EGR Cooler"
CSNDVB12AA - "KIT, EGR Cooler Installation"

There are several more optional parts/kits depending on the diagnostics.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
exemple of work sheets where the CEL was present ,
where they looked for melted intake and found it to be melted , so intake replacement at same
time of EGR cooler recall done .

·
Registered
781 Posts
Got my truck back. I had numerous recalls done as I've been waiting to get them all done at once (mainly firmware updates; AEM, rotary shifter, uconnect) and the EGR and tailgate. Have to say that it doesn't seem any different. Lag still there, etc. during warm up. Not impressed.

·
Super Moderator
2,559 Posts
Just got mine back, asked for No Flashes. They said there was some type of program for the cooler which they did but everything else left alone. I refused the rotary shifter update. Came home installed my tuned ECU and Trans Tune and all is good.
Part numbers on my invoice are the same as in post #97 above.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts